forum

[Archived] XP-PEN G430 Tablet settings

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ForceJansen
Problem Details:

Background: Bought this tablet two days ago. Works fine, with the exception that the cursor will never move when I have the driver installed

So... I have since uninstalled the driver but can no longer adjust the work area of my tablet.

So right now I am experimenting with the osu! sensitivity settings (Using 2.5X rn). This adjustment method is generally not preferred, but this is the only way I can adjust tablet sensitivity while maintaining the functionality of my tablet.

I also recognize that some advise using the full area of the tablet, but that is too difficult for me. Maybe I don't have enough practice with full area but it seems uncomfortable.

With all this said, how should I adjust my settings for optimal gameplay with this tablet?

Edit: Not adjusting the work area is actually quite detrimental as it affects my hand placement in such a way that circles towards the northern part of the screen are much more difficult to hit.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Asteeh
Have you tried an older driver version? That might help.
Jmosu

ForceJansen wrote:

Problem Details:

Background: Bought this tablet two days ago. Works fine, with the exception that the cursor will never move when I have the driver installed

So... I have since uninstalled the driver but can no longer adjust the work area of my tablet.

So right now I am experimenting with the osu! sensitivity settings (Using 2.5X rn). This adjustment method is generally not preferred, but this is the only way I can adjust tablet sensitivity while maintaining the functionality of my tablet.

I also recognize that some advise using the full area of the tablet, but that is too difficult for me. Maybe I don't have enough practice with full area but it seems uncomfortable.

With all this said, how should I adjust my settings for optimal gameplay with this tablet?

Edit: Not adjusting the work area is actually quite detrimental as it affects my hand placement in such a way that circles towards the northern part of the screen are much more difficult to hit.

How did you uninstall the driver?

I'm having a problem with my G430, had it since Christmas 2016, worked fine, but today i tried to uninstall and install the driver because when i went into osu it seemed the whole tablet was the work area, which it wasn't before. I tried going to the tablet settings by typing multiple things into the windows 10 search bar such as : "PenTablet settings" , "xp-pen settings" and nothing appeared. I tried to look up how to find them on google but nothing appeared that actually did it for me. Anyway, i ended up uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, then it said type "Pentablet settings" to access the tablet settings, which i did, but nothing appeared again. I then opened osu and when i put my pen over the tablet, the cursor instantly snaps to the top left, and won't move at all. Whenever i try to move it, osu completely glitches out causing weird glitch like effects all over the screen. The strange thing is that it works perfectly fine on desktop or photoshop, so i have no idea what the problem is. Would love if anyone could help me as well as ForceJansen
NoodleSpam

Jmosu wrote:

ForceJansen wrote:

Problem Details:

How did you uninstall the driver?

I'm having a problem with my G430, had it since Christmas 2016, worked fine, but today i tried to uninstall and install the driver because when i went into osu it seemed the whole tablet was the work area, which it wasn't before. I tried going to the tablet settings by typing multiple things into the windows 10 search bar such as : "PenTablet settings" , "xp-pen settings" and nothing appeared. I tried to look up how to find them on google but nothing appeared that actually did it for me. Anyway, i ended up uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, then it said type "Pentablet settings" to access the tablet settings, which i did, but nothing appeared again. I then opened osu and when i put my pen over the tablet, the cursor instantly snaps to the top left, and won't move at all. Whenever i try to move it, osu completely glitches out causing weird glitch like effects all over the screen. The strange thing is that it works perfectly fine on desktop or photoshop, so i have no idea what the problem is. Would love if anyone could help me as well as ForceJansen
Your problem with the cursor going to the top left might have to do with the raw input setting on osu-- it happened to me about a month ago. But I also don't know how to fix the problem of the settings reverting to using the whole tablet as the work area and uninstalling and reinstalling ended up not even letting me open the driver settings program so now I'm stuck with using the whole drawing area.
Jmosu

NoodleSpam wrote:

Problem Details:

Your problem with the cursor going to the top left might have to do with the raw input setting on osu-- it happened to me about a month ago. But I also don't know how to fix the problem of the settings reverting to using the whole tablet as the work area and uninstalling and reinstalling ended up not even letting me open the driver settings program so now I'm stuck with using the whole drawing area.

What driver did you install for Xp-Pen G430?

It may be an issue on their site because the driver that has G430 in isn't actually the right driver for the tablet.
Instead try downloading the one that says Star 04 that should be able to get your settings and all of that back :D
[Black Hero]
download the latest driver (december 29.2017) here
http://www.xp-pen.com/download/index/cid/5.html

choose Artist13.3, Star 06, 05, G540 & G430 driver for Win driver
disable antivirus before downloading

now after installing, open it (the icon) at the taskbar... change "absolute mode" to "relative mode"
then open osu
go to option ---> input
tick Raw Input and Map Absolute Raw
then calibrate your mouse sensitivity
mine is 3.0x

dont forget to disable mouse buttons while playing, press F10

done
Zeri0um
Jmosu IS A GOD

The driver listed for the g430 is actually the wrong one
the STAR4 driver is actually the correct one with pressure sensitivity and everything
it even says g430 on the folder lmao and has forced proportions (something which the "normal" driver completely fucks up btw)
PILLAT
Really? i always download the g430 one ... i will try it thx for the info :D
flippygaming1
how to install the star04 driver
Death
XP-Pen's driver download page is linked 3 posts up, you can download and install that driver from there: https://www.xp-pen.com/download/index/cid/5.html

Please try to avoid bumping old threads in the future. And Google is your friend.