forum

[Archived] Osu minimizes for no reason while playing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aleckho
Hi guys, ^title

I know that insert and num lock 0 minimizes Osu but it's like it closes Osu itself. When I say minimize it literally minimizes my Osu so I can still go back to it quickly if I click it unlike the insert and 0.

The only buttons I press while playing is Z,X and I use the mouse but I don't use the mouse clicks

The minimizes happens literally at random. It can happen today once and it can happen tomorrow thrice or none at all.

The only programs that are present while I play Osu is google chrome and what's inside my google chrome is youtube and facebook.

This problem only happens in Osu and my other games are unaffected so I'm sure this is an Osu problem.
Death
It's possible you are getting a pop up from some other program causing the game to minimize.

Antivirus, Windows updates, or maybe even Chrome could pop up notifications that are causing the game to minimize. Windows updates and Chrome have togglable notifications, and your Antivirus software probably has the ability to toggle as well.

Check your task manager for any other programs running that you may not know about. Or restart your computer and make sure you don't have any programs running on startup.
Topic Starter
aleckho

Death wrote:

It's possible you are getting a pop up from some other program causing the game to minimize.

Antivirus, Windows updates, or maybe even Chrome could pop up notifications that are causing the game to minimize. Windows updates and Chrome have togglable notifications, and your Antivirus software probably has the ability to toggle as well.

Check your task manager for any other programs running that you may not know about. Or restart your computer and make sure you don't have any programs running on startup.
I don't receive any pop ups though. If i did, then it should show in the bottom right of my computer but I don't see anything.
Dust Mono
Is this problem new for you? Like it happens only since 7 days or so? If thats the case than, I have the same problem as you. Probably some osu update or something.
rndom
This has been happening to me the past few days too. It started happening right after I got the xp pen g430, maybe a coincidence tho.
Topic Starter
aleckho

Dust Mono wrote:

Is this problem new for you? Like it happens only since 7 days or so? If thats the case than, I have the same problem as you. Probably some osu update or something.
I didn't really remember when this problem started but i think around a month ago? I just decided to post it now here since there were times that I was about to FC a map and then this thing happens rip pp.
Necro-Fantasia
Are you playing on a laptop ? because I do and sometimes this happens to me when I touch the mouse pad (with my left hand while taping on the keyboard)
Untitled_old_1
This happens to me to from time to time, I did find the error (my World of Warships updater). So I'd recommend closing anything that might pop up as a important update such as:
- Steam
- Any World of (insert game)
Queiy
every time steam starts, osu! gets minimized
Death

Queiy wrote:

every time steam starts, osu! gets minimized
Probably because it's trying to take focus on your screen.