you can install windows through bootcamp utility
Mic238
I built a stable version a while ago and it's on github
https://github.com/Mic238/osu-for-Mac-Stable-Latest
silverlightcs

Mic238 wrote:

I built a stable version a while ago and it's on github
https://github.com/Mic238/osu-for-Mac-Stable-Latest
Thank you! Just one question, when using this version, I can't switch desktops (swiping with 3 fingers to the left/right or clicking the buttons at the top to show the different windows), is there a way to do that?

[Edit]: it seems that when I close the app, it doesn't let me open it again. (.NET framework Initialization: Unable to find a version of runtime to run this application.) I think this is because it automatically updates when opening it again, is there a way around that?
Update problem seems to be gone now (not exactly sure how, but I did change to stable/latest version if that was related).
Topic Starter
yakkk_old
You can try pressing CMD + TAB and it will switch the applications. Then you can swipe to the side.
Fruxh
You guys can use a VM (Virtual Machine).

For example buy (or crack) or try it for 14 days "Parralels Desktop" or something like this.
If you want follow these instructions.
1. Download (or crack) or try the newest version of "Parralels Desktop" (older versions don't work with Mac OS High Sierra)
->https://www.parallels.com/
2. Download the Windows installer with from the Windows-website.
-> https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/software-download/windows10ISO
3. Open "Parralels Desktop". It will ask you to install a OS.
4. Choose "install Windows oder another OS from DVD or Image file"
5. "Parralels Desktop" should display your OS-installers. If Windows isn't there then click on select and choose your .iso image.
6. Then click on continue and Windows will ask you wich OS settings you need.
7. If you have that finished Windows will install. This will take a few minutes. (this works faster if you have a SSD-disk)
8. You are done. Have Fun with Windows on Mac and working osu!.
If you have a low framerate in osu! then choose another skin that works fine. :)
For tablet users: Your VM detect your tablet as a mouse so it does weird things.
Simply move you mouse up to your menu bar and choose devices. And choose your tablet. (For me it was "Tablet Monitor")
If you want you can try the new osu!latzer (scroll down and choose "install.exe")
-> https://github.com/ppy/osu/releases

I hope I could help you. ;)
If you have any questions then reply on this tweet.
a0206021
There is a problem in Wineskin in High Sierra, so osu! may fail to launch.

Here is the solution:
1.Right click on osu.app, and select "Show Package Contents"
2.double click Wineskin.app.
3.click "Set Screen Options"
4.uncheck "Auto Detect GPU for Direct 3D"
5.click "done" and quit the program

Then, it should work normally.
Godfi

a0206021 wrote:

Here is the solution:

Works perfectly!!! Thanks so much!!!
Gerardoesp

a0206021 wrote:

Here is the solution:

No, don't works :c
-Wolfy-

a0206021 wrote:

Here is the solution:

It worked! Thank you so much!
Akbar11

a0206021 wrote:

Here is the solution:

Thank you!!! It works!
frankengwenny

a0206021 wrote:

Here is the solution:

Does it matter what version of osu i'm using? I'm currently using the alpha release from 2016...
Fruxh

frankengwenny wrote:

a0206021 wrote:

Here is the solution:

Does it matter what version of osu i'm using? I'm currently using the alpha release from 2016...
No it doesn't.
luvouva
god bless PixelArray
Shiro-no-Yuki

a0206021 wrote:

Here is the solution:

mine doesn't work either.... :(
judiy

Gerardoesp wrote:

a0206021 wrote:

Here is the solution:

The above method works. Porting Kit is also useful to update the WineSkin version. WS9WineStaging2.16 works for me. Once Porting Kit is downloaded, use PixelArray's methods through 1,2,3,3 to download the newest wineskin. Then, go to the original osu!.app, right click-> Show Package Contents -> Double click on "Wineskin" -> Advanced -> Tools -> Change Engine Used -> Select "WS9WineStaging2.16" -> OK. Wait to complete. Finally, follow a0206021's method. This should work.
JVGamer14
I found this AMAZING video: https://youtu.be/RDjWNWM3Y7w (1st solution 2:48-6:40)
You keep your Mac version, all your beatmaps and it is very short. He explains very well what happened.
This VERY SIMPLE solution worked for me after trying all these others long, boring and complicated solutions...
enneya

a0206021 wrote:

Here is the solution:

When I do it, it keeps running the osu!updater over and over. I'm using the alpha release from http://osuosx.tumblr.com/. Is there a reason to why this happens?
Bakuretsue

PixelArray wrote:

I've got osu! running on macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Sorry for the not-so-detailed instructions, but here's a basic guide...

If you have an osu!.app that doesn't work, don't delete it just yet.

1. Download and install PortingKit

2. In PortingKit, create a new wrapper called osu (File --> New Custom Port) on the WS9WineStaging2.16 engine and Mac Driver Window System.

3. When prompted to select an installer, click cancel, yes, then cancel again. (You'll get a warning, that's fine)

3. Once the wrapper is created, open the wrapper, go to Advanced --> Tools --> Winetricks and search for "dotnet40", click the checkmark and hit "run" This installs .NET Framework 4.0. (This will take a while)

4. Download the windows osu! installer from here.

5. Go back to the wrapper, and go to Install Software --> Choose Setup Executable and choose the osu!install.exe file.

6. Let osu! install into the default directory.

7. osu! will automatically open after it installs. Exit out of it.

8. For some reason, wineskin doesn't detect the launch exe, so you'll have to go to the wrapper --> Advanced --> Windows EXE and look for the osu!.exe file. (The directory should be /users/Wineskin/Local Settings/Application Data/osu!/osu!.exe)

9. Close out of the wrapper and open the osu.app itself.

10. Login and you should be able to play.

If you have an existing osu!.app and want to transfer your beatmaps and skins

1. Right click --> Show package contents of the old osu.app and go to drive_c and find the osu! folder where your beatmaps and skins folder are.

2. Copy the beatmaps and skins folder and go in drive_c to the osu! folder in your new osu.app then paste (and replace).

3. Delete your old osu.app

Note that osu may be laggier than it was in Sierra. However, it seems that all games seem to be running at lower fps since the update. Thanks Apple...

EDIT: Revised instructions
You are a legitimate genius.
DoctorWeeb

Fruxh wrote:

For example buy (or crack) or try it for 14 days "Parralels Desktop" or something like this.
1. Download (or crack) or try the newest version of "Parralels Desktop" (older versions don't work with Mac OS High Sierra)
5. "Parralels Desktop" should display your OS-installers. If Windows isn't there then click on select and choose your .iso image.
7. If you have that finished Windows will install. This will take a few minutes. (this works faster if you have a SSD-disk)
If you have a low framerate in osu! then choose another skin that works fine. :)
For tablet users: Your VM detect your tablet as a mouse so it does weird things.
Simply move you mouse up to your menu bar and choose devices. And choose your tablet. (For me it was "Tablet Monitor")
If you want you can try the new osu!latzer (scroll down and choose "install.exe")

what menu bar?
Fruxh

DoctorWeeb wrote:

Fruxh wrote:

what menu bar?

It's that bar, where you activate your wlan, see you batterie status and so on... :)
thefiashmaster
I found a way to work osu, but before you do this way, try the other techniques. This way is a bit tedious, but it gets the job done. There will be some unesserary steps, but the way I did it, it worked.

1. Download PortingKit (http://www.PortingKit.com)

2. Download both the recent mac and windows versions. (I'm not sure if you need to have the windows, but download it anyway.)

3.Do an show package contents on the mac version, remove the osu.exe, and place both the osuinstaller.exe and osu.exe on the desktop.

4.In PortingKit, create a new wrapper called osu (File --> New Custom Port) on the WS9WineStaging2.16 engine and Mac Driver Window System.

5. During the installation, change the location of the wrapper to the desktop. (Not needed, but will come in handy later)

6. When prompted to place an installer, put the osuinstaller.exe and when prompted to place an exe, put the osu.exe

7.Then with the wrapper, go to Winetricks and download dotnet40.

8.THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. Create a new folder on the desktop called osu or a name you will remember.

9.When it is downloaded, press place on PortingKit or the wrapper on the desktop.

10. ALSO IMPORTANT. When osu! is installing, at the bottom there should say "osu! is installing at..." Change the location to the folder you made on the desktop.

11. The game will start up, but it will need to install an update. Do this.

12. Wait for the game to download the pre- downloaded songs, then exited out.

13. Repeat steps 10-12. You will ALWAYS need to change the location to the folder you made and it will ALWAYS tell you it needs an update. If you don't get the update, then it will not allow you to see online scores and such.

14. In the folder is the files of osu!, this is the only way to download new songs. For some reason, the game will not allow you to exit full-screen. Put the new songs in there, and when you start up the game after changing the location, the songs should appear.

Now that should be the steps. It is a bit inconvenient, but it will work. Make sure you change the location ALWAYS because if you don't than it will go to its original location, the songs will not be there. Also, in the settings, if you want to fix the frame rate, go to the settings to removed dropped frames, but this is important. DO NOT PUT ON COMPATIBILITY MODE. It will crash the game, and you cannot open it again.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Exyonite
Thefiashmaster can you please make a youtube video for us to show how to do it please!!!!
xUnfound
I found why my osu wasnt working (This is the second time this has happened and i believe it was the same reason why it didnt work the first time).
After playing with the wineskin stuff, it said i was missing something about a gecko (gecko from wine hq) after that, i clicked install as it was missing, it downloaded and osu opened up working like normal once the download finished. https://imgur.com/a/a1AkI that is my set screen options (if it will help anyone) and my engine is WS9Wine 2.22.
thefiashmaster

Exyonite wrote:

Thefiashmaster can you please make a youtube video for us to show how to do it please!!!!
Sorry for the wait. I was a bit busy, but I finally got a video up. I should warn you about a couple of things:
There is one error I had. Once you extract the exe, MAKE SURE YOU DELETE THE MACBOOK REMAINS, AND CLEAR TRASH.

I also learned that try not to put too many songs into the song folder at once. For some reason, it doesn't pick up that songs are in the folder. I suggest about 20-30 at a time.

Otherwise It should work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRDRSSJd3fY
SpAceBounce
Osu works on HIgh Sierra as longest you know what to do about it. It took me almost 3 months now to fix it after the damn update. Just Download and install PortingKit
BadgerBeats
GUYS I HAVE FOUND A PROPER FIX FOR OSU ON HIGH SIERRA!!! Found by accident once I had already given up trying to get Osu to work on HS but follow the steps on this YouTube video and it works. Apparently High Sierra stops Wineskin from acknowledging your GPU and this tricks it into doing so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDjWNWM3Y7w&list=LLYiUjN5b7vj3_B6s44LU2Pw

Thanks god for this Spanish dude

Hope I helped y'all out

BadgerBeats
HueManatee
Somehow, i did something random on porting kit and it worked:

open osu in porting kit library
click on osu! (add it in if its not there[??])
click on more
click debug

idk what happened lol but it opened, im running it on high sierra.
Shadowespio_old
Even with all of the help Osu gets stuck updating and then crashes. :(
PineapplePieBro
3. Once the wrapper is created, open the wrapper, go to Advanced --> Tools --> Winetricks and search for "dotnet40", click the checkmark and hit "run" This installs .NET Framework 4.0. (This will take a while)
When I selected "dotnet40" and hit run I was greeted by the following message:

warning: taskset/cpuset not available on your platform!
------------------------------------------------------
wine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned unexpanded string '%SystemDrive%\Program Files' ... this can be caused by a corrupt wineprefix, by an old wine, or by not owning /Applications/WS9WineStaging2.16.app/Contents/Resources
------------------------------------------------------

Any clue on whats happening and how it can be resolved?
Bakuretsue

PixelArray wrote:

I've got osu! running on macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Sorry for the not-so-detailed instructions, but here's a basic guide...

If you have an osu!.app that doesn't work, don't delete it just yet.

1. Download and install PortingKit

2. In PortingKit, create a new wrapper called osu (File --> New Custom Port) on the WS9WineStaging2.16 engine and Mac Driver Window System.

3. When prompted to select an installer, click cancel, yes, then cancel again. (You'll get a warning, that's fine)

4. Download the windows osu! installer from here.

5. Go back to the wrapper, and go to Install Software --> Choose Setup Executable and choose the osu!install.exe file.

6. Let osu! install into the default directory.

7. osu! will automatically open after it installs. Exit out of it.

8. For some reason, wineskin doesn't detect the launch exe, so you'll have to go to the wrapper --> Advanced --> Windows EXE and look for the osu!.exe file. (The directory should be /users/Wineskin/Local Settings/Application Data/osu!/osu!.exe)

9. Close out of the wrapper and open the osu.app itself.

10. Login and you should be able to play.

If you have an existing osu!.app and want to transfer your beatmaps and skins

1. Right click --> Show package contents of the old osu.app and go to drive_c and find the osu! folder where your beatmaps and skins folder are.

2. Copy the beatmaps and skins folder and go in drive_c to the osu! folder in your new osu.app then paste (and replace).

3. Delete your old osu.app

Note that osu may be laggier than it was in Sierra. However, it seems that all games seem to be running at lower fps since the update. Thanks Apple...

EDIT: Revised instructions
It used to work fine for me but now I'm randomly getting this message:

Error occured (please report this!):\n\nSystem.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
at System.IO.Path.CheckINvalidPathChars(String Path)
at System.IO.Path.Path.InternalCombine(String path1, String path2
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CreateSearch
localSearchData, WIN32_FIND_DATA findData)
Etc.

Why does osu not want to work anymore?
Death

Keroshibou wrote:

Error occured (please report this!):\n\nSystem.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
Etc.

This is an issue that is not specific to macOS.

Death wrote:

Here is a list of the Windows illegal file name characters:
\ / : * ? " < > |

First, make sure none of these characters are in your path to osu!

Open your Songs folder and make sure none of those characters are in any of individual song folders, including the files inside them. Do the same thing for your Skins folder.

If you have a lot of songs and skins, check your newest files first. Specifically, any you can remember importing the last time you were able to run osu! without issues.
Bakuretsue

Death wrote:

Keroshibou wrote:

Etc.

Death wrote:

Open your Songs folder and make sure none of those characters are in any of individual song folders, including the files inside them. Do the same thing for your Skins folder.

If you have a lot of songs and skins, check your newest files first. Specifically, any you can remember importing the last time you were able to run osu! without issues.

Thanks a lot man! It worked for me. Aside from that I had another problem I solved because wineskin didn't select mac driver when I did while creating a new wineskin so I had to do it manually.
Shikitei
A
Shikitei
A
korunnai
Porting actually works lmao :)
Wiru-san

Een Persoon wrote:

a0206021 wrote:

Here is the solution:

When I do it, it keeps running the osu!updater over and over. I'm using the alpha release from http://osuosx.tumblr.com/. Is there a reason to why this happens?

Same problem for me
Death
TheOtherCirno
Funny that I didn't update my computer so its still 10.12.6 so I was able to download and play Osu!
I was very lucky for this....
jeezus
trig0n
Edit: problem solved.
Bakuretsue

Death wrote:

Keroshibou wrote:

Etc.

Death wrote:

Hi Death, the problem has occured again as I was stupid enough to accidently remove the Localisation file. The message started to pop up again so I had reinstalled the porting kit, remade the wrapper and reinstalled osu!install.exe.
When I start it up (after selecting choosing setup executable) the same message pops up and a new locatisation file is created while opening osu. I've noticed that the localisation file contains a file called: nl.txt which conatined a full translation of osu! in dutch (my language). The file contained a lot of forbidden symbols, thus I removed them but there was no positive result. The message pops up again while there has not even been an osu! folder been made yet so I do not have my skins, songs folder, replays, screenshots etc.

I was hoping you could inform me about this or/and give me advice on how to solve this problem.
show more