forum

[Archived] Whenever I click the buttons on my pen, my cursor freezes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
san-lotso
Problem Details:
As the title says.

I've searched this problem online and from what I can find there has been no solution.
I REALLY would like to get this fixed because I'm always choking a good run because I click the button accidentally.

I've already disabled the pen buttons on my tablet software and I know this can't be some sort of hardware issue with my tablet as this happens with both of my tablets including the CTL - 480 and the Huion H610 Pro.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)
Death
Try disabling Windows Ink. There is a short guide in this thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/590367
Topic Starter
san-lotso

Death wrote:

Try disabling Windows Ink. There is a short guide in this thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/590367
I tried that already and it didn't seem to work :/
Asteeh
I'm having the same issue on my g430. Never found a solution either, I just changed up my pen grip so that I can't press them anymore. I know that some players take out their pen buttons to avoid that.
-Vi-
I had this problem happening with my Huion H420. Ended up using a small knife to pry the button out of the side of the pen. It comes out in a way that lets you put it back on if you do decide you want the buttons later, just remember where you put it...its a small piece lol.
Topic Starter
san-lotso

-Vi- wrote:

I had this problem happening with my Huion H420. Ended up using a small knife to pry the button out of the side of the pen. It comes out in a way that lets you put it back on if you do decide you want the buttons later, just remember where you put it...its a small piece lol.
The problem with this is that one of my fingers rest on the buttons and is part of my grip so I would like to try not to resort to this but if I have to I will :L
-Vi-
Try uninstalling your driver and installing the one found in this thread t/463038 (unplug tablet, uninstall old, install new, restart, plug in tablet)
When I tried it on the song select screen the buttons didn't make the cursor freeze. Now I'm wishing I could find the side button I took out so I could test fully :p
Seems like even though it's an older driver, its more functional than the latest version.