forum

[resolved] Game inputs don't work after the latest update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Firmatorenio
Hello. There was a Beta update today, and it seems to have made me completely unable to play the game. As soon as the game restarted, I found myself unable to F2 in the song select, and once I did get into the play mode (in taiko), the game didn't respond to my keyboard. Frankly, I still can open the chat that's mapped to Alt for me, and I can even do the chatting itself, as well as disable the in-game interface (LShift), but I can't play at all on Beta. The version is b20171206.1beta.

I tried restarting twice already, but it doesn't help, and I did check in the settings that my mappings have not been reset, though I don't seem to be able to change them.

Update: I tried to return to Stable and it's still not working. The game actually does make a click every time a button is pressed, but does not actually react accordingly.
Death
Please try closing anything you have open in the background as one of them may be taking focus away from the osu! window. Clean boot your computer if you really want to be sure.

If that does not work, please hold shift the next time you open osu! until a recovery window pops up and select "repair osu!"
Topic Starter
Firmatorenio
Nothing is taking the focus of the game, as far as I can tell, since it still allows me to chat in the in-game chat and clicks every time I press a button.

The 'repair osu!' button tells me I'm up to date and does nothing.
Death
Restart your computer?
Topic Starter
Firmatorenio
That seems to have helped.

I note that since recently, my Discord keeps showing that I'm playing osu! even when I already closed the game, so I guess it keeps running in the background somewhere? And upon the update, I apparently got two different versions running at the same time, with the older one taking the controls? I don't know. I'm pretty sure that I did not start anything out of the ordinary when I started the computer yesterday that would affect it, especially in such a way that would make me able to chat but not actually play. Even going back to Beta seems to work just fine without any restarts now.

Thank you.