forum

[Archived] Osu crashes at startup reinstalled osu then stuck at update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KyrelleXD
Problem Details:
i was playing osu and terraria at the same time but i wanted to close terraria then my pc crashed then i restarted then when i open osu it keeps crashing on startup so i reinstalled osu then it updated and opened but when i closed it and opened it again it was updating again. So i havent played osu for three days because of this bug
dorsalplum
I have 3 possible solutions 1.Run the game as administrator 2.Repair osu 3.Reinstall game
Death
Reinstalling probably won't help and shouldn't be suggested. In fact, in the original post it was mentioned that reinstalling was already attempted and it did not work. Running the game as an administrator and launching the repair dialog are both fine to try.

From what I understand, you are stuck in an update loop? Or is the game still crashing?

If you are stuck in an update loop and the two previous suggestions did not work, please provide your update.log, which is located inside the logs folder in your osu! installation folder (default path is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!).
Also, make sure your firewall is not blocking osu! and your antivirus is not preventing osu! from updating. You can add exceptions to most firewalls and antivirus applications for specific programs, or you can completely disable them at your own risk.

If you are still crashing, please follow this guide to get the event viewer log for the crash and paste the contents here.