forum

Modding v2: Modding Panel - Feedback Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Drafura

peppy wrote:

Drafura wrote:

Also if you're going to beatmap general section why not go for gamemode general section too, so modders and the mapper can discuss about the gamemode spread there ?
Probably a bit too complicated to add so many general sections.
From what I've seen an "easy" way to implement it would be to add a "Spread discution" difficulty for each game mode in the top combo box, this difficulty will have no timeline discution, only a general discution section.

"Easy" implying it's possible to add fake difficulties in the combo box, disable timeline for fake difficulties, adapt database scheme to store general discution of fake difficulties, other things... But i'm getting out topic here cause it's not a suggestion thread.
Axon
This actually looks really cool
Sonnyc

Sonnyc wrote:

Btw, is it only me who experience a broken web?
After the a new test panel being released, I still experience this issue. (Internet Explorer 11)

Besides, clicking the other difficulties does not allow me moving to another. It just stucks at "Extra". Couldn't try the lower diffs on modv2 this time.

Also I feel it to be awesome if "Praise/Suggestion/Problem" category is also visible in the mobile version. Hell yeah, none will apply mods by looking at their mobile device, but at least I frequently check mod replies through my phone. Providing additional information whether something is a problem, or a praise etc will help more imo.
Ambrew
Any thoughts on when this will be public?
Professor Gila
Although editing response is available, but shouldn't you add resolve mark when edit the response? just in case if the mapper forgot to mark the issue resolved, rather than do double or multiple response to mark as resolved
abraker
Two replies spawned along with this error when I pressed the problem button. Might be due to my mouse button having poor conductivity, causing rapid clicking. What can I do to provide more helpful info?

Some other things:

When forgetting press resolve upon making a comment, I need to make another blank comment to check resolve. Can this be part of editing your last unreplied message?

For situations where the modder doesn't want to do the work of going into the log and copy pasting the stuff over, can there be a feature that allows to reference/post for them? Seeing myself replying to myself just looks weird.
Nao Tomori
I feel like just having them post a pastebin of the irc in the general section would work. Not like anyone reads those anyway lol

I think one thing that could be great for those of us that use notepad to write mods down (a good way to avoid losing stuff to random crashes / bad internet) would be some thing that allows us to post a giant blob of stuff like most people do now, and sorts it into separate points. obviously not something that is particularly easy to implement / built into the mv2 platform, but it would definitely be one of the most useful things that could be added since atm posting in a block is completely impossible.
Nitrous
Wouldn't it be a feasible feature to allow a batch of mods separated by newlines and a timestamp be separated and it would be automatically be formatted as separate mods below. Also, with the inclusion of an autosave feature likely saved in browser cookies for those who write walls of text.

I mean writing line after line feels awkward. Would be a neat thing to add for efficiency.
peppy
i think that's more of a getting-used-to-new-workflow thing. please give it a chance.

being able to individually select suggestion/problem/praise is not to be undervalued.
Lanturn
Could we be enlightened on how Kudosu! works since it's implemented now? Seems to be based on Votes, and more votes = more Kudosu!. Is there a cap per mapset?
peppy
1 upvote = 1 kudosu
2 upvotes = 2 kudosu
5+ upvotes = 3 kudosu

this will be tweaked as we figure how the system is used (and retroactively applied).

also the teams will be going through discussions when qualification/ranking happens to weed out abuse and reward discussions which haven't been upvoted by users.
timemon
upvotes increasing kudosu seems a bit weird because not many people actually read mod posts (and go out of their way to upvote them) plus they usually get shoved into "Resolved" which most modders will mod just on the pending.

Wouldn't it be cooler to tie kudosu gain to "resolved" instead? when mapper replies and resolves the issue, the modder gets kudosu so you don't have to make every BNs go upvote every posts in case the mapper forgets. (It also happens naturally, too. Mapper are forced to resolve the issues that pop up) It also prevents people from trying to farm kudosu by telling friends to upvote them.
hi-mei

timemon wrote:

upvotes increasing kudosu seems a bit weird because not many people actually read mod posts (and go out of their way to upvote them) plus they usually get shoved into "Resolved" which most modders will mod just on the pending.

Wouldn't it be cooler to tie kudosu gain to "resolved" instead? when mapper replies and resolves the issue, the modder gets kudosu so you don't have to make every BNs go upvote every posts in case the mapper forgets. (It also happens naturally, too. Mapper are forced to resolve the issues that pop up) It also prevents people from trying to farm kudosu by telling friends to upvote them.

yes, please

literally everyone from modhelp wants that, its just impossible to mod cause you dont know if the mapper gonna upvote ur mod or not, even if the suggestion gonna get "resolved"

there will be "squads" of upvoters for abuse for sure.

i hope devs gonna figure this thing out asap.
peppy
Rather than worrying about the system, please try using it as intended. We are still in a phase of analysing usage and need people actually using the system rather than giving up on it.

We'll tackle "abuse" as it appears. We'll also ensure that upvotes happen for resolved issues which were not upvoted.
abraker

peppy wrote:

Rather than worrying about the system, please try using it as intended.
Some are not going to use it as intended, and you know it

peppy wrote:

We are still in a phase of analysing usage and need people actually using the system rather than giving up on it.
Gathering data to know how the system is being is used is good, yes. Also, we are stating a possible scenario which your gathered data should, in theory, show eventually. We are not giving up on the system.

peppy wrote:

We'll tackle "abuse" as it appears. We'll also ensure that upvotes happen for resolved issues which were not upvoted.
Just curious, what advantages does having it moderated have over what is proposed?
Murasame
lol so is kudosu still usable for raising the Star Rate or something for catching the BN's attention etc. or it just becomes useless number like pp in modding v2?
hi-mei

peppy wrote:

Rather than worrying about the system, please try using it as intended. We are still in a phase of analysing usage and need people actually using the system rather than giving up on it.
Im kinda curious what you think if there will be no upvotes and checkmarks, but instead something like icons that would indicate if the suggestions was helpful?

Honestly, I think that "problem" icon should be only available for QAT/BNG, since it would force the mapper to respond accordingly right away. For now, if you put "problem" on ur post, the mapper can put "solved" without ur agreement, which makes this button useless and equates it to "suggestion" button.

Few words in regards of upvotes/downvotes.

We are not on reddit. Mapping/Modding is something that demands competence, its not the place where you can shitpost and get upvotes for it cuz its funny.

Now we are forced to use timeline, which removes all the possibility for meme trains, dramas and such. I can ensure you that nobody will use it, there are very low amount of people who checks mod posts of others, and you know, almost all of them are from QAT/BNG when they rechecking the thread for something they could miss.

Now, you might also think that this thing could be usefull if a disscussion appears and two people cant decide what to do, so others can upvote what they think is right.

No. It will never be like that and never was. At the end of the day, only staff decide what is going to be ranked and what is not, they dont care what people think, because 95% of them are incompetent.

However, going back to initial thing, I modded a map and got 8 suggestions applied.

And 0 kudosu received.

We'll also ensure that upvotes happen for resolved issues which were not upvoted.
How? All of the suggestions people are bring up getting "solved" no matter if they were solved or not.

How would you track that if the modder gonna suggest something, and the mapper gonna say "yea okay" but instead of applying it, he forgets it/or even makes something way different. But the suggestion is "solved", modder got the point for it, when in reality nothing changed in map.
Asaiga
hi, i dont know if this has been addressed before so forgive me if i repeated something from ages ago.
Is it possible to go back to the beatmap page from modding pannel like the old site? And doesn't it show who favorites your beatmap anymore?

edit : a way to change map's description directly on new site?
Pachiru

peppy wrote:

1 upvote = 1 kudosu
2 upvotes = 2 kudosu
5+ upvotes = 3 kudosu

this will be tweaked as we figure how the system is used (and retroactively applied).

also the teams will be going through discussions when qualification/ranking happens to weed out abuse and reward discussions which haven't been upvoted by users.
Do downvoted comment remove kudosu then?
Cheri

Pachiru wrote:

peppy wrote:

1 upvote = 1 kudosu
2 upvotes = 2 kudosu
5+ upvotes = 3 kudosu

Do downvoted comment remove kudosu then?
Downvotes don't removed kudosu if there wasn't a upvote but it just make it a bit harder to get kd out of the post since you need at least 1 upvote

But it does removed kudosu if you downvoted a mod that was already upvoted (tested)
-Mo-
Something doesn't seem right here.

Chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit). Tried turning off all extensions. Seems to only happen on the timeline tab filtered to only my (single) suggestion.