forum

OT Log #3.3

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
On the Day of Death I was at my lab monitoring the mission closely from the top section of the lab. On my screen was displayed the locations of the denizens sent to track down whatever is lurking that day. I sat back and relaxed as I watched them go toward the outskirts of OT. The window gave me a good view of the crescent moon rising slowly over the land. It looked nice, actually. Very calming. I was starting to dose off when a heard a beeping sound. Clock: Close to midnight. I got up to take a look. Enetro disappeared off the map, which followed by a very faint shriek coming from outside. I come closer to the window to see if can make out what it was. Just then, Alexkuzi's tracker started beeping, signaling that Alexkuzi disappeared off the map too. Whatever it was, it had gotten two people under the span of a minute. Either Enetro and Alexkuzi were dumb as fuck or this thing is actually that dangerous.

At that moment Zekks should have been fighting the thing. The clock tower at the city center starting playing at time, which could have been the creepiest timing in my opinion. I was tense alright. Sweaty, nervous, and tense. The phone ring was enough to make me jump. It was the royal society concerned about the screaming. Something about how I put every who went on a suicide mission. Would could I say? "Everything is under control and just fine. I am still reading everyone's vitals." Yea, what a lie and a mess that was turning out. At that point I was focused making sure the remaining denizen's location were tracked.

Matters can't become any worse, right? Exactly on midnight, Serraionga's tracker went beeping. Right of course it did. Everything needs to go wrong at the most coincidental of timings. However, I stopped to think about the situation at that moment. It made little sense. If I heard shrieking, I should have heard huge booms or noises coming from outside due to Zekks's fighting by now. But I did not. That would mean Zekks is on the run along with Kisses and Aomi. If Zekks was on the run, then he realized how fucked up he could be if he tried going for that thing. So long as Zekks was alive, I still had hope the camera would shed some light on all of this. You can imagine how one's heart would sink deep upon the beeping of Zekks's tracker. Mission became a critical failure.

According to Kisses and Aomi's trackers, they were on the run toward the city center. No doubt this thing was chasing them to here. A bit of panic raced through me, thinking soon I'll face my horror. Something powerful enough to take out an executioner with one of my crafted blades would be spell catastrophe in the land center. I had no choice but to prepare for the worst, so I grabbed my 4 parallel fire, and went out to fend off whatever that thing might be. In the distance I saw Aomi and Kisses walking toward me. Yes, not running, but walking. That sight alone created unspeakable dissonance within me. I take out my portable tracker. They were still running toward me, not walking. I've tested these for latency, there couldn't be any. "So this thing is playing tricks with me. What fakes! I won't fall for it that easy", I thought. And so I opened fire, killing them both. Aomi's and Kisses trackers both went beeping the moment my shot blasted them to bits. According to the tracker, they ran toward me and lost signal at the same spot these fakes got blasted.

This can't be right no matter how you wrap your head around it. If the real ones were running and the ones I see in front of me were walking, then obviously the ones in front of me are fakes. But you can't have real and fakes in the same spot. Just can't. Dropped to my knees, I tried to realize what is going on, but all I could feel is hate, defeat, and depression. I remained there for a good while, looking down. I made my way back to the lab with my 4 parallel fire dragging against the lifeless ground.
Serraionga
[The things I went through]

Click here to access file 79 (video).
Info: a recording of events that happened during August 12th and November 19th. For some reason, you feel like this is going to be a huge waste of time. SEOSIA

Warning: extremely loud video, make sure you don't forget your umbrella!
Ryoid
Yes this is perfect for my material thehe
Zekks
i dont know what this is about
DaddyCoolVipper

Serraionga wrote:

[The things I went through]

Click here to access file 79 (video).
Info: a recording of events that happened during August 12th and November 19th. For some reason, you feel like this is going to be a huge waste of time. SEOSIA

Warning: extremely loud video, make sure you don't forget your umbrella!

of course you like content that's literally made by and for autistic people
Tae
You act like that's something to be surprised about
kai99
wht did i just read
E m i
all i read was the word "latency"