forum

Osu!Mania Set Scroll vs. BPM scale

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Thatz
I wanted to get peoples thoughts on this that are higher ranking or lower ranking them me just want to know what people found about them like pros-cons and personal expiences with each I enjoy BPM but some songs then for me feel too slow for me to do because I enjoy high BPM songs that have a fast scroll speed.
Foxtail86
I play with a set scroll speed and it's only made the game easier to play. I've only had an actual issue with the bpm scale when it came to playing high bpm beatmaps such as empress scream off. Over time I ended up getting used to a certain scroll speed and I would just move up, and that helps a lot when it comes to reading harder patterns. Overall, BPM scale is good but with high (or low) bpm beatmaps, it screws you over, while set scroll is whatever you're accustomed to, every single time (unless there's SV).
Topic Starter
Thatz
What SV? and jeez yeah empress scream off has a fast BPM also do you ever reduce or increase your fixed scroll speed pre map?
Topic Starter
Thatz
like 200 bpm for me is really fun but like 270 for that song is crazy
Ryu Sei
Fixed/set scrolls pins you to the map's dominant (not average) BPM, and treat them like it's scrolling with x speed at 100 BPM (after I tested, maybe, maybe not?). The formula is:
fixed/currentBPM = target/100

target = fixed * 100/currentBPM

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

BPM scales just directly multiplies current BPM (regardless of dominant BPM) with your scroll. Be it like, X speed on DDR/ITG/PIU series.

Fixed scroll:
+ Constant reading (in dominant BPM of the map)
+ Easy to use
- Inconvinent on gradually-rising BPM

BPM scale
+ Dynamic reading
+ Easy to tackle maps with heavy BPM change
- Need longer time to set up
- Every map has different scroll speed with this

The choice? Your call.
Nekone Rin
I play with fixed scroll if only because it makes life a whole lot easier. Playing with bpm scaling would probably fuck up my acc a lot, so I usually just stick to ss30-31.
Topic Starter
Thatz
Does fixed change per song or why does it keep resetting to 21