forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
B1rd
Just because he can do whatever he wants, doesn't mean that's the best way to run a forum. With a small community and a small group of friends, you don't want one guy to strut around as overlord because he was the first one to get the server up and running. If a majority of the userbase wanted to decide things democratically, then do you think IppE would object to that? Maybe, I don't have a high opinion of him, but maybe not. That's why I brought up unions, because union members don't own the property of the businesses they lobby, yet they can get their way through negotiation and boycott.
DaddyCoolVipper

B1rd wrote:

All I'm really talking about it have the users have a vote on forum rule and policy changes. It makes more sense on a forum with like less than 20 active users.
cliques form even in smaller social groups tho, which would become voting blocs
abraker
Democratic policy voting works best if you have confidence that people are smart enough to make correct choices and voting is secure enough not to be influence by parties the voting is not targeted for.

It's easy to have trust issues on the internet. It would work if all who are voting put effort in to making their community better. Not many want to ruin something they put time and effort into.
FuZ
lol
rip lil peep x
Vuelo Eluko

lol wrote:

rip lil peep x
he seemed like an upstanding human being that had contributed a lot to society.
He will be missed.
B1rd

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

lol wrote:

rip lil peep x
he seemed like an upstanding human being that had contributed a lot to society.
He will be missed.
Just like Trayvon Martin.

RiP the scientists and world leaders to be of our generation.
roshan117
b1rd discussions make my heart all warm and fuzzy
Tupsu

Green Platinum wrote:

Are there any forums that are run democratically? Where they literally elect mods or admins.
I was in a discord server like that once, where community managers were chosen by popular vote. I think they also had low key mod powers in message deletion and setting usernames, but nothing else
unfortunately for them, I was also super pissed at the person who ran the discord server (they disliked me but didn't know my new username and thus didn't know I was there), so I ran for office, got in by some subtle vote manipulation, then sent screenshots to one of my friends about what that person was saying about them and their discord server in the private officials channel (it was some proper petty shit, I believe a phrase used was "autismo blasting")
unfortunately they then sent the screenshots to that person going 'oh is that what you really think of me' and I got caught out eventually, but it was very funny to see how badly the person flipped out and started suspecting every single person in the group

is just internet why you have to be mad
silmarilen
I had literally never heard of lil peep before and suddenly i see everybody saying rip as if he was famous or something?
Alexkuzi
;) The Alex Hood News Is A Awesome Thing, don't you agree abraker?
DJ Enetro
Alex you gotta find that happy medium between TLI and TMI.
Tae
Have you considered that not everyone is worth helping?
DJ Enetro
No, because I believe that everyone can get better if they try.

You can expect people not to do what you expect them to do and still guide them to what is right.
Green Platinum

DJ Enetro wrote:

No, because I believe that everyone can get better if they try.

You can expect people not to do what you expect them to do and still guide them to what is right.
What if it is apparent they aren't going to try though?
DJ Enetro

Green Platinum wrote:

What if it is apparent they aren't going to try though?
Well at least tell him/her what is right and the reasons behind it, after all not all people are smart enough to look it up for themselves. Then leave that person alone and try to have fun with him/her.
DaddyCoolVipper

Hwa Yang wrote:

This is a really important thing to learn in life. @Enetro, pay close attention to this sentiment, it's a valuable and radically different perspective to your current one.
E m i
maybe he thinks so too but chooses to use/apply that knowledge less instantly
B1rd

silmarilen wrote:

I had literally never heard of lil peep before and suddenly i see everybody saying rip as if he was famous or something?
I don't know who he is and I honestly say I don't give a shit. There are innumerable more people worthy of commemoration. How about for one, the man who saved human civilisation as we know it from a nuclear holocaust? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanislav_Petrov
keremaru
ok
E m i

awesomest thumbnail for youtube video ever
Cynplytholowazy
MOD JUST LOCKED MY POST WITH NO REASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
E m i
me cute with no reason
yuhaii
I think I wasted my free username change on this
Softwarm

B1rd wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

I don't know who he is and I honestly say I don't give a shit. There are innumerable more people worthy of commemoration. How about for one, the man who saved human civilisation as we know it from a nuclear holocaust? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanislav_Petrov

Ender Lain

Thanks, Win10 Mailbox

that's a doppelganger
DaddyCoolVipper

Happy thanksgiving! 🎉🎉
DJ Enetro
Thanks.

On another note, is it just me or so embedded YT videos take longer to load than the ones on the official site?
B1rd
I find it funny how the (((Amazing Atheist))) is a perfect stereotype of atheists, being a fat, lazy nihilistic degenerate.
dNextGen
is there anyway to get around the email verification thing in order to play online ingame ?

lost access to the email tied to this account for a long time now :(

B1rd wrote:

I find it funny how the (((Amazing Atheist))) is a perfect stereotype of atheists, being a fat, lazy nihilistic degenerate.
XD
Tupsu

dNextGen wrote:

is there anyway to get around the email verification thing in order to play online ingame ?

lost access to the email tied to this account for a long time now :(
have you considered asking somewhere other than the one subforum that is supposed to not have osu! discussion in it, or tried the button on your screen conveniently labelled 'help'? https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Help_Center

I have approximately 18 hours of work to get through in the next two days and I've no idea how I'm meant to keep up my energy for that amount of time
I also quit sugary drinks two weeks ago now, which isn't helping
send help, aaaa
B1rd
Step one: stop posting here; the longer the better.
E m i

Tupsu wrote:

have you considered asking somewhere other than the one subforum that is supposed to not have osu! discussion in it, or tried the button on your screen conveniently labelled 'help'? https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Help_Center
ain't GD the subforum where you destroy people if something is even slightly related to osu, and OT the place where you note that email verification is not part of the game plus osu is not the main focus and let it slide?
_handholding

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Hwa Yang wrote:

This is a really important thing to learn in life. @Enetro, pay close attention to this sentiment, it's a valuable and radically different perspective to your current one.
just like how taking someone's life with the death penalty is considered wrong but taking away their liberty with a life sentence is a-ok. YehAjjjjj.. ~.. wp self righteous ppl wp
B1rd
The true evil people are those who pronounce judgements on murderers to keep them from murdering more people.

t. non self-righteous person
_handholding
Do you like to extrapolate because of your own individual personality or is it part of the Austrian culture? Also I'm a girl
Nao Tomori
me 2 Thx
Aurani
We're all girls here.
B1rd

Kisses wrote:

Do you like to extrapolate because of your own individual personality or is it part of the Austrian culture? Also I'm a girl
Are you just putting random sentences together?
DaddyCoolVipper

Kisses wrote:

just like how taking someone's life with the death penalty is considered wrong but taking away their liberty with a life sentence is a-ok. YehAjjjjj.. ~.. wp self righteous ppl wp

You know life sentences still present opportunity to reform and leave prison, right? Are you dense? lol
show more