forum

Demetori - Plastic Mind ~ Alice in Underground [CatchTheBeat

posted
Total Posts
show more
Deif
And so the journey reached its end. As the fox left the dungeon of the mighty beatmap he could see a message formed by the stars in the sky...

DE ME TO RI

~ THE END ~
celerih
placeholder
Nao Tomori
placeholder
MBomb
placeholder
Aurele
what a great story
ZiRoX
It's not a true placeholder if it isn't by Ascendance.
Benita

ZiRoX wrote:

It's not a true placeholder if it isn't by Ascendance.
Ascendance
placeholder.
Sanyi

Ascendance wrote:

placeholder.
popped placeholder because why not
Kimitakari
Regrats. Hopefully it'll be ranked this time.
Spectator
placeholder
defiance
stop taking my placeholder meme
autofanboy
real placeholder
Trent
the spacing on this map feels far too inconsistent throughout the whole map.
I see what you were trying to do, which is have different spacing with the patterns but I feel you did it in the wrong way.
The map feels clunky to play which is not a good thing.
I think you should emphasize the larger spacing/harder timing jumps more instead of putting them in at random places.
This has potentional to be great but the execution is lacking with the spacing.
I agree that more maps should not be cookie cutter with the same spacing throughout but I think you went too overboard on it which takes back the quality of it.
Ascendance

qebrus wrote:

the spacing on this map feels far too inconsistent throughout the whole map.
I see what you were trying to do, which is have different spacing with the patterns but I feel you did it in the wrong way.
The map feels clunky to play which is not a good thing.
I think you should emphasize the larger spacing/harder timing jumps more instead of putting them in at random places.
This has intentional to be great but the execution is lacking with the spacing.
I agree that more maps should not be cookie cutter with the same spacing throughout but I think you went too overboard on it which takes back the quality of it.
thisssssss

but it's like too rigid and doesn't flow well, probably a result of the mapper not being able to testplay but that's just an assumption

also my opinion is very biased so yea

heavily dislike uwup
Topic Starter
JBHyperion
If you could point out some examples where I used different spacing for similar sounds that would help identify potential problems. Not sure what I can really do when you say "there are inconsistent parts" in a map with 3.5k objects and to the best of my knowledge, I mapped spacing to correspond to the intensity of the music ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I fully expect some people not to like this map, and that's fine. If people want to help improve it, I will work with them as best I can. If we could not resort to cheap ad hominem attacks though, I'd appreciate that (:
Sanyi
^
Surono
hypp a c h a l l e n g i n g FUN Map finale asdggdjff
rip cant enjoy full cuz rsi *Robert Space Industry* zzz irl thingy

ty Hyperuon
Sanyi
I guess the guys that were not happy with the map didn't care enough about it. Congrats to another ranked map!
autofanboy
PLACEHOLDER
koliron
Woah finally!!! congratz Hyperion :-DDD