forum

So my reaction time is a 40 year old...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
I'm only 15, but my reaction time is for an old person..

and my reaction time is at 462 milliseconds..

I mean is there any way to improve my reaction time, doesn't matter if its outside of osu
E m i
Yay.
Effective, not true/physical/actual/whatever reaction time, you can instantly improve in a super easy way.
125hz polling rate ---> 1000hz polling rate = 4ms average latency (input) ---> 0.5ms average latency, -3.5ms average "reaction" time.
60hz refresh rate ---> 144hz refresh rate = 8.33ms average latency (stimulus appearing) ---> 3.47222...ms average latency, -4.85777...ms average "reaction" time.

Limited because other stuff is either not measurable with simple calculations or application-specific.

total: -8.35777777ms
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
Wdym
Vuelo Eluko
reaction time means literally nothing in osu! unless you're playing ar11
ar9.6 is widely regarded as the most chill AR to read. So even if it looks sonic fast to you now you'll see that it's quite slow later.
E m i

szkiller wrote:

Wdym
that even though increasing polling rate or refresh rate won't change your reaction time, higher polling rate will allow your input to be registered earlier and higher refresh rate will make the stimulus appear earlier.

you asked for a method of reaction time reduction, I gave you two lame and minor ones but I gave them because they are not application-specific and have been accurately measured. Well, because they are calculatable and don't need a measurement at all.
pandaBee
You can't really improve your raw reaction speed but you can improve muscle memory and reading ability.
KupcaH

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

reaction time means literally nothing in osu! unless you're playing ar11
This guy knows
N0thingSpecial
At your skill level, reaction speed is irrelevant.

Play more
dung eater
Sleep physical exercise good diet sleep. Coffee/tea. Stay away from crazy cat people,,wash your hands.
Waffletrix

pandaBee wrote:

You can't really improve your raw reaction speed but you can improve muscle memory and reading ability.

bla wrote:

Sleep physical exercise good diet sleep. Coffee/tea. Stay away from crazy cat people,,wash your hands.

N0thingSpecial wrote:

At your skill level, reaction speed is irrelevant.

Play more
What these Dudes Said. Trust me They Know.
Aegyo
Even if you have one of the fastest reaction times for a human you still have to learn game.
deemoplayer47
https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

Started out with 300ms average. A few more plays, and it's down to 250ms average.
This is hit reaction time, and depends a little on the quality of your hardware. However, pattern recognition (seeing the note sequence) -> cursor movement (aiming toward the note sequence) reaction time are different things, improved through memorization. Basically, play more. It works.

Adding to pandaBee and N0thingSpecial's comment.