Rhythm Rookie
4 posts
Problem Details:

my bar dies when I'm hitting everything. is this osu? and clicks on keyboard not even clicking they like stop working. even speed keep appearing and slowing down so its hard to play at constant and I know it has speed ups but it seems like each note contains it. correct me if I'm wrong I even followed the patern of the game and I even know when I'm going to die. even installed and pre installed and sometimes I cant even see the notes like they disappear then appear. love the game but having issues. good pc and also 6 years of online multiplayer so its knows I'm not trolling.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: yes but don't know how to submit the video.

osu! version: 20171031.24 (latest)
latest version just installed a clean copy today with the latest version
Beat Clicker
73 posts
Just upload video to youtube and paste link here.
Rhythm Rookie
4 posts
Support Team
785 posts
This is the intended functionality of health drain. It is imperative that you get 300s as they restore more health. With the amount of 100s you got in that play, it makes sense that you inevitably failed the map. This is explained on the FAQ page on the wiki, which you can find here: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/FAQ#in-game-interface

Quote:
The top-left bar is the health bar, which will decrease at a steady rate (depending on the beatmap's difficulty settings), but can be replenished by tapping notes at the right time or spinning the spinner. A perfectly timed hit (a 300 or Geki) will recover health more than a badly timed hit (50). A total miss will take a good chunk of health out of the health bar.

You can use that error meter at the bottom of your screen to determine whether or not you are hitting too early or too late. Any lines that appear on the left side are too early, and any lines that appear on the right side are too late.

Other than that, I do not see any problems with your game based on the video. Everything looks to be working as intended. I think you just need to keep practicing and eventually you will be able to pass some of the maps you can't currently pass.
Last edited by Death on , edited 1 time in total.
Beat Clicker
73 posts
Also dropping slider ends cost about as much HP as miss, even if it doesn't break your combo, so try to hold them to the end.
Rhythm Rookie
4 posts
What about the health bar going red hitting each note? how much does the health bar cost by it self not hitting or missing notes.? I'm confused.
Whistle Blower
17 posts
scrubzider wrote:
What about the health bar going red hitting each note? how much does the health bar cost by it self not hitting or missing notes.? I'm confused.

just try to not get any 100s or 50s and your health should be fine...
also you might want to look for a new skin (i will send you mine if you would like)
Rhythm Rookie
4 posts
Sure and while at it like a custom beatmaps like a original game like guitar hero that trains you for insane. Would be appreciated.
Spinner Sage
171 posts
If you want to train yourself for insane difficulty then turn on the No-Fail mod in the Mods tab and play any map you like.

You failed the map because you couldn't keep a consistent combo and accuracy. HP Drain also plays a big part of the difficulty. The higher the drain the faster your hp drains as you do poorly in the map (Pretty self explanatory). The difficulty of the map you were playing had 7 HP Drain which is rather high for your skill level. The map's difficulty information is also at the top-right corner.

All in good practice.
Reply 9 posts