forum

[Archived] getting a wacom ctf 420 to work.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aztekenen
hello folks, i received the tablet mentioned above and decided i wanted to try it out for osu.

i looked up how to set it up for osu properly and came to things like fixmypen
and wacom drivers etc. to remove the tablet pc function from windows that would screw up the aim and of course,
to set my tablet area and sensivity with the drivers. so i installed the latest wacom drivers and did the fix.
sadly this seems to only partially have fixed the tablet pc thing as some things seem disabled now but it has not been "removed" from the control panel as some claimed it should do.

as for the driver, it seems its unable to detect the tablet.
wich seems to make sense as i checked things and it turns out there is not a SINGLE driver on the wacom page compatible with a ctf-420. what, the *****.

i would really appreciate if people could help me out with this one. and i think the driver part is the most crucial one.
Lacrimosa
That's a super old tablet. I can't find any drivers for this tablet version anywhere on the internet, either. Did you buy it brand new? Did it come with a CD setup? If so, the CD should include the drivers needed for the tablet.
Topic Starter
aztekenen
its a tablet i got from a friend. i am a mouse player but another friend who has a modern one let me play with it once and it definitely turned out for the better since i have more coordination in my wrist than arm for osu. now that i got this ctf 420 from the first friend i mentioned, i wanted to test it out. it works in osu with the input bla bla bla and all, but i still need to be able to configure it ey? he didn't give me a cd but i guess i could ask if there were any to begin with.

note: surprisingly, while i was searching the osu forums for the words "ctf 420" i did catch someone on a tablet vs mouse thread who claimed he bought himself an ctf 420 and really was happy with his performance using it. only leaving me more curious considering my situation. if i use it with just the drivers it installs from plugging in then osu doesn't even seem to be able to prevent IMMENSE drag. aka the cursor's position relative to the pen's position doesn't match wich leads to the cursor ending up in ackward places during gameplay. i do wonder what he did to make it work so "amazingly".
Worst Mouse Aim
A bit of a gravedig; the drivers to CTF-420 are set in "Older Devices" or sthing like that. And I have it for few months; works fine for me.