forum

[Archived] Terrible input lag all of a sudden.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tdigs
Problem Details:
Hey!
So everything has been fine as of late playing with no issues at all, I decided to give my old tablet a shot and downloaded some drivers for it and it made my osu have a lot of input lag so I unplugged it and uninstalled the drivers. But since then it hasn't stopped being terrible, I'll upload a picture below of what Im dealing with.

Whilst playing it registers 0.40ish but it jumps up to 1ms and makes the game choppy and its pretty unplayable. There are also a huge line or red squares next to the latency. I also have a beefy pc 1080ti/i7 7700k So i'm not sure whats going on, I do use flux but I used that before without an issue but turned it off and got no difference.

No difference on stable or cutting edge

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://imgur.com/a/fiJfp

osu! version: 20160403.6
Dalet
I have the same issue since the halloween update.
I can't actually feel the difference while playing, but I also have the line of red squares and the latency in the bottom right is unstable (0.5 ms - 1.5ms).

Windows 10, i5 2500k, GTX 1070
- Zuramaru -

Dalet wrote:

I have the same issue since the halloween update.
I can't actually feel the difference while playing, but I also have the line of red squares and the latency in the bottom right is unstable (0.5 ms - 1.5ms).

Windows 10, i5 2500k, GTX 1070
Same here. Went from having a little over 1ms to around 3-4ms. It's not a huge difference at all but it's definitely increased a bit for me.
Death
Please close any other programs you have running in the background. This includes checking to make sure your antivirus is not scanning anything and Windows is not performing any updates.
Topic Starter
Tdigs
Ive decided after trying almost all my options that ill one by one drop all my processes and see if there is a conflicting program running. Ill report my findings
Topic Starter
Tdigs
So I did as said above and the only thing I couldn't remove was CTF Loader which I think came with the latest windows 10 update but besides that no process was causing this issue im getting, I'm quite stumped as for what to do.

Are you guys all running windows 10 creators fall update without any issues?

Thanks
Fry98
Oh god, I'm really glad I'm not alone.
Ever since the Halloween update my game's been dropping frames like crazy and it's pretty much unplayable for me.

Yesterday it just suddenly went away for a while but when I logged back in today the problem was back.

Also I don't really have a problem with input lag itself, only the dropped frames.
You can see all the red squares here: https://i.imgur.com/0QcHkEb.jpg

My specs are i5-6600, GTX1070 and 16GB DDR4 RAM and I'm running Win10 version 1703 (Creator's Update) and Nvidia driver 388.13 (these drivers came out around the same time as Halloween update so I can't exclude them as a possible reason for the problem.)
Topic Starter
Tdigs
Yeah it seems to look like it has something to do with this creators fall update, Hopefully we can get a fix sorted out :)
Fry98
Seems like switching to Fallback fixes the issue so that's probably what I'm gonna do until it's resolved.
Sucks this happened to me the same day I bought supporter for the first time. :D