forum

[Archived] Issues with new Laptop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gnomesenpai
Problem Details:
Hey guys, recently picked up a new Dell Inspiron 15 gaming laptop with a i7 770HQ HD630+ GTX1060, I've forced osu in the nVidia control panel to use the GTX1060 and disabled all power saving modes but still running into issues where it's using the onboard gpu and not the discrete gpu. With this also comes a butt tonne of input lag when using the HD630 igpu compared to the 1060, been through the site and tried all options but none of them seem to be helping! What can i do i'm running the game at the screens native resolution of 1080p full screen?

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
nibs
Topic Starter
Gnomesenpai
Just updated to latest bios, will reboot now and have a look. Ideally i don't want to fully disable the igpu since i do need this for work as well as gaming so need the good battery life.

Update: nothing in BIOS about gpu settings.
nibs
Topic Starter
Gnomesenpai
Their is not!
Upskirt
I reckon just disable the iGPU then use the dGPU. That way whenever you need it for work then enable the power saving options in the Nvidia Control Panel and Windows Power Options. The 1060 is more than efficient enough to suit both needs.

You can't use both GPUs at the same time.
Topic Starter
Gnomesenpai
Issue is, i have no option to outright disable the GPU in the BIOS, sometimes the game runs fine, others it locks at 60fps even though it is using the 1060, every other game responds fine on battery and on AC power, OSU is the issue here.