forum

[Archived] game just stops opening for some reason??

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zekks
Problem Details:
the problem i have is that once in a while i would open up osu and this message would show up (message shown below) this has been happening for over a year now and the only solution that comes to me is to just delete osu and redownload it, i own a mac and i can't find any help that's up to date, pls help!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Upskirt
You're using WINE, right?

Have a squiz of this bug post.

https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-b ... 06587.html

Maybe use a slightly older version of .NET?

Found a solution:
You have to go to the .NET Framework folder in \Windows and copy the machine.config files contents from the Framewok x64 folder into the machine.config in the standard Framework folder. This seems to be caused by the fact that installing .NET Framework on an 64 bit computer does not install the necessary files for the x86 version.
Thanks, not exactly the solution but helped me find a solution:

I was looking into this error for a friend where they were trying to install the Vodafone 3G software for mobile Internet and getting this error on trying to run the program. They were running 32 bit vista so for obvious reasons there was no 64 bit directory.

However, to solve the problem I navigated to the file directory %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\. Took a backup copy of machine.config and then copied the machine.config.default file to a new file [machine.config (copy).default]. I then renamed this new file to machine.config in this directory.

I restarted windows and now the program works fine. As the error said the machine.config file was corrupt so I just replaced it with the default settings :).