forum

[Archived] Osu stopped working.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CronaDem0nSword
Problem Details:
Every time I go to start up osu it says it stopped working. I tried re downloading it several times, but that didn't work. Any help?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Death
Hold shift while starting osu! until a configuration window pops up. Enable compatibility mode and launch osu!. If no window opens while holding shift, navigate to your installation folder (default path is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!) and edit the file "osu!.pcname.config". Change the line "CompatibilityContext: 0" to "CompatibilityContext: 1". Save the file and then attempt to launch again.

If this does not work, please follow this guide to get your event viewer log, and paste the contents here.

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date, here are some download links:
  1. NVIDIA (download the second driver on the list that shows up when you search)
  2. AMD
  3. Intel

And make sure you have the latest .NET framework installed, which you can find here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56115&desc=dotnet47
Topic Starter
CronaDem0nSword
I couldn't get the compatibility mode to work. When I tried the event viewer log, the last window popped up, then went away. I have no idea how to get it again, every time I try it doesn't work. Also I have my driver up to date and .NET framework installed.
Topic Starter
CronaDem0nSword
Got the event viewer to work. I believe this is it.

osu!.exe
597f0fad
unknown
c0000005
01d34eb277c8cf28
C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\osu!\osu!.exe
unknown
d8fc5c5f-5ecc-4883-bb11-43243315eef9