forum

Why does my right hand fingers can tap faster than my left?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Linck5
So I play with mouse and keyboard, using my left hand on the keyboard, pressing H and J keys with my middle and index finger. But if I try tapping as fast as I can on a table just to test, it's obvious the difference, my right hand can tap much faster with the same fingers than my left one, about 33% faster

What could be the reasons for that? Is it lacking muscle? Lacking motor coordination? Muscle memory? Or is it some limitation that cannot be trained?

Because it doesn't feel like it's getting any faster after a month of playing osu on 3 star maps. And I feel like this is one big reason I'm stuck at 3* maps right now.
7ambda
Dominant hand?
KupcaH

J_8579 wrote:

Dominant hand?
eyjafjallaaaaaa
It's just does
Topic Starter
Linck5
I think I'll play upside down, that will help lol
Atara
Sorry to replicate what others have said at least 5 times but it is true, it is simply because your right hand is your dominant and is stronger than the left. But you are still a beginner to osu! and your left-hand finger strength will surpass your right hand as you progress in the game. once you reach around 1-1.5k pp you will notice this for sure.
NestLover

OfficialPyroh wrote:

Sorry to replicate what others have said at least 5 times but it is true, it is simply because your right hand is your dominant and is stronger than the left. But you are still a beginner to osu! and your left-hand finger strength will surpass your right hand as you progress in the game. once you reach around 1-1.5k pp you will notice this for sure.
But im not ._.
My right finger still faster than my left finger.
my name is hi

NestLover wrote:

OfficialPyroh wrote:

But im not ._.
Your right finger on your left hand??? B)
Topic Starter
Linck5

OfficialPyroh wrote:

Ah thank you, I feel better now. Actually I'm already noticing some improvements.
Endaris

OfficialPyroh wrote:

It's not going to surpass your dominant hand. Not for me at least.
But as the same problem occurs when aiming with the left hand...it doesn't really matter, the left hand has to learn something.
Kondou-Shinichi
it just works dude
NestLover

Boaring wrote:

NestLover wrote:

But im not ._.
Your right finger on your left hand??? B)
I tap with right finger if i've auto pilot on.
SlowLogicBoy
Lol, yea my right hand was faster about a year ago too, now my left hand is light years faster (you know what I mean) and has way more stamina for tapping (tested in mania). Just practice
abraker
Likely because it's your dominant hand. I recommend you do some yelling at it and tell to go sit in a corner to show who is really dominant.
Barusamikosu
My right hand is my dominant hand, and I also experienced the same feeling a couple of years ago when I was starting to pick up stream practice. When randomly tapping on the desk I would notice my right hand always felt warmed up to the max right away, but my left hand always felt very weak unless I warmed it up enough to be able to hit my speed limit.

Nowadays, when doing the same random desk tapping, my left hand doesn't feel that same weakness that it used to. Additionally, I feel a better rhythm sense when tapping like that with my left hand because that's where all the practice went to.

The way through it is going to be to keep playing and push through it. Keep playing until your skill is in the 4-5 star range and really try to push your speed and stamina as much as you can. Your left hand will catch up at some point.
Rynnavinx

abraker wrote:

Likely because it's your dominant hand. I recommend you do some yelling at it and tell to go sit in a corner to show who is really dominant.
But then your dominant hand would become your mouth
Genjuro
1 year of standard and my right hand is still better than my left hand. might be cause of other modes but i don't think your non-dominant hand can become stronger than your dominant one.
abraker

Radiant Rayv wrote:

abraker wrote:

But then your dominant hand would become your mouth
I am not sure how that makes sense, but given the surreal reality you might be living in, I'd say then play with your mouth by using your tongue as a stylus.