forum

Help?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SkyBiscuit

I'm not quite sure what these are called but I CANNOT do them at all, it really effects the score I'm getting and I'm not sure how to get better at them

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdaZnQQAPqQ
1:24

Can you give me some tips please?
Sandy Hoey
Those are called streams and really are not something that beginners are expected to be able to do. They take a lot of practice to do. TO get you started on learning them, gtet comfortable alternating keys on triple and quad patterns. Then you can work your way into easy streams and maybe eventually play like that
N0thingSpecial
These are "streams" and they are too hard for you, play easier maps
Velura
Those are called "streams".
Basically they are a chain of notes very close together which you have to play by alternating between your tapping fingers
The best way to improve those is to "play more" - I know, great advice...right? :roll: - and to - maybe - play maps that are focused around streams so you can start to familiarize yourself with them.
(sry for the shitty explanation, I can't come up with a better one right now :cry: )

-> t/207695
-> alternatively you can always look for reddit-threads or youtube-videos that address this problem

EDIT: I saw that Mio was kind enough to point out the google doc that was linked in the other thread, which I forgot to link here, so I'll add them now I guess :|

Practice Maps - Streams
Practice Maps - Short Streams
Mio Winter
Oh god, I remember struggling with streams when I started as well. Streams shouldn't exist. Jump justice.

Anyway, there are three ways streams can be hard: 1) you can't tap them consistently, 2) you can't aim them consistently or 3) you don't have the stamina to tap for so long.

Number 3 probably won't be a problem at the start, unless you begin with weak fingers, but it will definitely be a problem if you try the Freedom Dive beatmap you linked to.

I think it's easiest to begin by practicing on what are called "stacks". Stacks are basically streams that don't move, so they're really easy to hit with your cursor, but you still have to learn to tap them to the rhythm. Um, I actually don't know of any good beatmaps with only big stacks, sorry. Alternatively, you could use the Autoplay mod (press F1 in the song selection menu) with any beatmap that has streams.

Once you know how to tap streams to the rhythm, you can turn off Autoplay and try to follow the stream at the same time as you tap them. I didn't do anything more sophisticated to learn streams, so the same method should probably work for you.

Oh, and Jesse1412 linked to (in the post Velura linked to) a spreadsheet of stream practice maps you might find usefwl: Practice Maps - Short Streams.
Endie-

Mio Winter wrote:

Streams shouldn't exist. Jump justice.
YOU TAKE THAT BACK, MISTER!
Celine
Just put your hand on comfortable position, don't panic, and get the technique right
Mio Winter

Endie- wrote:

Mio Winter wrote:

YOU TAKE THAT BACK, MISTER!