forum

osu!mania 4K Dan (段) Courses

posted
Total Posts
show more
katiexie

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

katiexie wrote:

I have tried a lot of time and could not pass the 7Dan v2 with 95.52acc because of the go for it only got 92acc。But I can get 95.57acc :cry: in the 8dan v1 and 95.2acc in 9dan v1 :cry: :cry:

Hey this is the exact same problem I had. (95.99% on 7 dan teice because go for it 92%)

Then I got 96% on 9th dan and dont have to worry about 7.

today,I have tired the 9dan v2 and i got 95.83%,and then, i tired 7dan v2 and got 95.87acc.... fortunate, i passed 8dan v1 with 96.6%
HiMelody
where can i find 4k LN dan?
Jinjin

HiMelody wrote:

where can i find 4k LN dan?
The 4K LN dan courses aren't a part of our mania dan courses (yet(?)). But as far as I know, arcwinolivirus has made 4K LN dan courses. You will be able to find the 4K LN dan courses in his user page. Here are the first two LN 4K Dans: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/578471
DDMythical
everyone should consider suicide
Yuudachi-kun
8th dan to me is a bit too hard because of the combination of Kaguyahime + Brute force. But that's ok - the only problem I have is that in relation to 8th dan, 9th is too easy. Can't take my eyes off of you is an ok step up from trapce, and sayonara planet wars is an all right difficulty jumpstream chart. However, Stinger is so fucking easy that RATO overshadows it. We fucking hate you is also easier than brute force. I would suggest replacing these with something like harumodoki (or jack sparrow) and something like Call me it. (500 Tortures) for the boss chart from yolomania.

That's just my idea of the difficulty they should be at - I have no clue if their note count would be appropriate.

Also eze isn't going to remake 9 dan and I really don't want to
The way1010
Where can i find the single song source in old versions Dan?For example,i like the second and third songs in 10th Dan V1.Where can i find it?
DDMythical

The way1010 wrote:

Where can i find the single song source in old versions Dan?For example,i like the second and third songs in 10th Dan V1.Where can i find it?
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/79839 (song 2)
Song 3 is on stepmania. (hard song megapack 12)
junior8858
The gap between 9 and 10...
lol
Yuudachi-kun

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

8th dan to me is a bit too hard because of the combination of Kaguyahime + Brute force. But that's ok - the only problem I have is that in relation to 8th dan, 9th is too easy. Can't take my eyes off of you is an ok step up from trapce, and sayonara planet wars is an all right difficulty jumpstream chart. However, Stinger is so fucking easy that RATO overshadows it. We fucking hate you is also easier than brute force. I would suggest replacing these with something like harumodoki (or jack sparrow) and something like Call me it. (500 Tortures) for the boss chart from yolomania.

That's just my idea of the difficulty they should be at - I have no clue if their note count would be appropriate.

Actually I'm going to ammend this by saying yolo dumps' "Get Jinxd" would work for the speedy chart of 9 dan
katiexie

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Actually I'm going to ammend this by saying yolo dumps' "Get Jinxd" would work for the speedy chart of 9 dan

the difficult map in the 8th danv2 is the first song,I only got 93.9% in it,and passed 8th danv2 with 96.3%
Yuudachi-kun
That's probably because you're bad at jacks like me.

But can I say Brute force 1.1 is actually easier than Trapce 1.0 because of this when talking about a dan
katiexie

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

That's probably because you're bad at jacks like me.

But can I say Brute force 1.1 is actually easier than Trapce 1.0 because of this when talking about a dan

yeah。I hardly ever play the jacks。I often play the maps like speed of links and the 10dollar dump this kind of maps
-PrixMatK-

Yay (´。• ω •。`)
Evening

-PrixMatK- wrote:

Yay (´。• ω •。`)
post your scores on t/304735
makes it easier to keep track
junior8858
I think ice angel 1.2x will be better than shadow of cats
The difficulty spike is pretty ridiculous
snoverpk_old
shadows of cats is fine, ice angel has too many notes and 2 jack maps in 1 dan would be unfair
(also it's not as hard as you think)
Yuudachi-kun

snoverpk wrote:

shadows of cats is fine, ice angel has too many notes and 2 jack maps in 1 dan would be unfair
(also it's not as hard as you think)
Even april thought shadow of cats was ???

Kappa

Tbh you could've just replaced Exile with Chaimbarising 1.2 :thinking:
Miniature Lamp
Topic Starter
Shoegazer
Hello,

Certain things to point out, since your points are essentially repetitions of a couple of concepts:
- Charts not being on time; some of the dan courses were made in a period where timing is really difficult for me, since I used a program that focused on waveform rather than sound for timing. I understand some of the concerns, though many players who play through these courses will rarely notice this because of how they play mostly visually. Incompetency on my part, which is also why I'm not planning on making any in the future.

- Certain charts being terrible, or imaginative (the proper term is "usage of ghost notes"). Most of the charts you mentioned (barring Stinger) fall under dump charting; this is essentially an expansion of conventional charting where charts do not adhere to your standard "every note must be justified by one particular sound" and "chords cannot be this heavy because charts of other music with similar intensity only have chords of this density". It's more about conveying the essence of the music (for playability purposes, usually to make charts that are harder than the music is given) while conserving some level of musical relevancy. You shouldn't be looking at charts like Can't Take My Eyes Off You, Kaguyahime and Go For It with the same lens as you would for your standard ranked chart.

This is not to say that some of the charts here are not very good of course. I don't like playing through a good portion of these charts myself, but there are not so much there for playability (though it's certainly a "best of the worst" situation), but moreso because they fit a certain niche in the course. Additionally the reception for these charts from players are typically positive if the charts are in isolation, so to the general community, they find a good portion of the charts enjoyable to play through.

You can't really say the same for most of the charts here if you're looking at it from a charting perspective, which you clearly are. I understand the concerns if you're looking at it from a charting perspective and I agree with some of them, but again, you're not the target audience here. You can easily plow through 85-90% of the charts here and criticise it for having layering inconsistencies and poor pattern selection (and I could as well), but what's the point in being pointlessly analytical if players (i.e. the target audience) won't even notice the nuances and consistencies that charters value so much in the first place?

- Charts being difficulty spikes have been acknowledged elsewhere and I've admitted to that many times. Other dan courses have been made to try to amend for that, but they are also having problems of their own. Again, incompetency on my part, and it's also why I don't like dan courses as a concept now. It's not easy to find charts that are of suitable difficulty (relative to other charts), especially if the person who is selecting the charts has a skill level far above the skill level needed for the dan courses themselves.

The main reason why dan courses got so big in the first place is because it's an easy way to assess skill. Many players have disputed the PP system as a poor system due to a small selection of ranked charts (consequentially being "who is the best at a certain set of charts", though dan courses aren't too much better in that regard) and lackluster difficulty system. This works probably as well as it can be since players consider this to be a common language as to how good a player is. There are some errors in the dan courses of course (sync, spikes), I'd absolutely be the first person to say that, but it doesn't stop people from overlooking these imperfections because these problems aren't all that significant to them. There are exceptions to the rule, you and several others included, but it's still a minority.

I don't expect you to change your mind about these dan courses not being a useful assessor of skill. I think dan courses should be something people should take lightly because of how it's essentially "how well you can do these 4 charts of varying skillsets", but again, it's the closest osu!mania has to an actual assessor of skill. That is the only reason why it has gained as much traction as it did. I think calling it a bad way to assess skill is incorrect to some degree, but most of your criticisms about chart quality (which is different from enjoyability), sync and difficulty spikes are sound, and I agree with your points there. It's just that again, you're fixating on the wrong aspects of what makes dan courses so appealing to players in the first place.

Hope that gives you some explanations on why dan courses are so big in the first place, despite all of these flaws that you've pointed out.
Yuudachi-kun
This guy has osu standards about charting

Also lamp guy do you like Eternal Drain as a chart in ranked Eternal diff
RAID 0
bookmark
DarthSkrill
bojii
o2su
2nd dan.

Hinpoppo

o2su wrote:

2nd dan.

Go go go
Nevation
can't wait to try Dan Courses
owo
feradg
i've heard a lot about those so called dan courses but only today i understood what they mean.

i think i can achieve second dan... we'll see... Congrats to those monsters that can 10th dan.
D-H-Jack
Chronical V
Is there any spreadsheet with all the qualified scores? I kinda wanna see how many luminals there are
[Crz]Noire

Chronical V wrote:

Is there any spreadsheet with all the qualified scores? I kinda wanna see how many luminals there are
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2101866079
_Rizk4y
owo what's this
saxo99

DothThouHoist wrote:

Well you need a minimal of 96% to clear the dan. So yeah...
edit*: only staiain can, so yeah
now she can ;)
Kanaris
Hi Shoegazer! Love the idea of the Dan course. I'm getting super close to clearing 1st Dan (96% throughout, 94% after Reverence..)

Anyway, I noticed that in the 2nd Dan the 3rd map is out of sync?? Routing by Camellia is one of my favourite songs, and Tofu's mapset of it is something I play almost every day. Chicken's, not so much, but I played Chicken's after playing the 2nd Dan and yes it most definitely was out of sync in the 2nd Dan! The 1st, 2nd, and 4th maps included in the 2nd Dan all seemed in sync. My acc was very consistently very off while playing the Routing in the 2nd Dan but not in Chicken's actual map!

Could you please check this out? I'm surprised this made it past all the people playing these courses :thinking:
Zatop
real
A M D

5dan complete
AbsurdDive
I haven't touched the dan courses in a while and been playing etterna. Going back to my 1st love kinda worked I guess

Last time I've tried this course

Current PB (scoreV2 because why the hell not)

p.s.: I think the dan courses are kinda dead... and i posted in the wrong neighborhood and noticed 4 months late... nice! haha
Celine
when r u sniping my scintill meme scores dud
strupEX
Very good courses.

Can't pass 5th dan (95,99%). I'm a bad player overall
SMBSF
nice courses
AbsurdDive

Celine wrote:

when r u sniping my scintill meme scores dud

Who is that directed to? haha

(If to me: I need hands to consistently play the files I've cleared so far. So I don't see that happening) lul
show more