forum

Got a new mouse, can't play anymore.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nevertheless_DELETED
Hello, i just bought a Steelseries Rival 100 mouse, it looks pretty good but i basically can't play osu! anymore. I tried all possible DPI levels, many sensibility settings, and i am struggling on jumps and everything. It's either too fast or too slow. The mouse i had before was a crappy one, i didn't even know its DPI level. Any tips to fix this problem?

Before:

After:
green tea
Honestly, this is probably something you'll dread to think about; but, when I've run into similar issues with changes in dpi or play area without any way to back track there's ultimately only one thing to do in my experience: Adapt. You might be worst than you were before, but you can always improve with the new dpi and mouse if you have the patience to do so.

Try focusing on the basics again without limiting yourself too much, your muscle memory for your old mouse isn't going to do a whole lot for the new one unless you can manage to get it configured the same way as the old one played. Take the chance and find a new DPI/sensitivity that feels the most comfortable (or optimal) and try to push the limits as you develop your skills with the new equipment!
Sandy Hoey

Kyol wrote:

unless you can manage to get it configured the same way as the old one played. Take the chance and find a new DPI/sensitivity that feels the most comfortable (or optimal) and try to push the limits as you develop your skills with the new equipment!
Even so, th weight or shape of th mouse may still make the same exact settings a completely different experience
dung eater
Play easier maps and focus on putting cursor in the middle of circles. You will probably be fine if you do that for a few hours a day and get a few good night's sleep.

Use a stable, comfortable grip that's effortless (might come with time but you shouldn't squeze mouse hard) and pushes mouse down as little as possible.
N0thingSpecial
Play more

It took me few weeks before I was able to set scores after switching from death adder to G303
KupcaH
Play more with new mouse and you'll get used to it.
Topic Starter
Nevertheless_DELETED
Thanks everyone for your answers!
Kondou-Shinichi
i bought a new expensive mouse before

i still use the old one
Wishes
It sounds like your old mouse could have had some acceleration and you got used to that. But it should be easy to adapt, give it a few days.
my name is hi
just play with it
kriers
Open Paint, start drawing a black circle in the middle of the screen without looking (blindfold osu! spinner). If it tracks off heavily your mouse probably has acceleration built in which tears down aim. Try also with your old mouse and compare. If the problem lies with your new mouse, then you've wasted money, if it's present with your old mouse, you'll need to adapt. The end product in this case will be much better, I assure you.