forum

[Archived] How to have a song start at a different point on the menu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nutinatree
I probably did a crap job at wording that so I'll have to give a lengthy explanation as to what i mean...

When you select a song (but don't play it) on the beatmap selection screen, it plays a sample of the song that starts from the chorus of it or some other significant part.

How do I set where the starting point of the song is for this menu while not changing the starting point of the song itself?

Thanks in advance for any answers!
Dntm8kmeeatu
This is something set by the beatmap creator in the editor, it's called the Preview point.

You could change it, but that means you need to save the map, and that will wipe all scores you have on it, and make it unranked.
Topic Starter
nutinatree
Wow, thanks for the quick answer! Fortunately I haven't submitted the beatmap yet so there should be no problems.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Oh, if it's for you own map, then sure go ahead. I seem to forgot to mention how to do it lol, woops.

Go into the editor (obviously) and go to the part of the song you want to be the preview point, go to timing on the very top navigation bar (not the big button that says TIMING, the white bar that has file, edit, etc on any other program.) It should drop down and the option you want should be at the very bottom, Set current point as preview point, or something similar to that.