forum

How to make buggy playback rate on Mac manageable?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xionor
Hi!

I just discovered OSU recently and more specifically OSU!Mania and I'm having lots of fun with it!
As a guitar player it kinda irked me that a lot of the metal beatmaps are nothing like how that songs are actually played on guitar, so I figured I'd write my own take on them!

However I have a very annoying sync issue when using different playback rates on mapping.

I would start with 25% playback rate and map it perfectly, but when I switch to 100% playback rate to test, all the notes are out of sync with the music.

More specifically, the notes appear on the screen a fraction of a second before they're actually supposed to.
I suspect however that it's just the song starting to play a bit later at 100% than it does at 25%.

Only "settings" i've done is setting the BPM to a constant 162. I haven't changed anything else.

While I guess this is a technical issue cause of the mac build and just have to deal with it, i'd love to hear some trick how to make it more manegeble.

Any tips on how to combat this? Mapping it to 25% then shifting all the notes two notches afterwards seems really cumbersome and difficult to map and test at the same time.
Rivals_7
idk how mac built looks like but afaik there's no different compared to windows build.

but there's 3 possible condition if the notes were out of sync

1. your BPM is wrong
2. Your BPM offset is wrong
3. The song has more than one BPM changes.
KazukiP
Try compatability mode from the in-game settings in Osu!! I hope this helps!
- Kazuki