forum

[resolved] My collections were deleted somehow

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zace
Problem Details:
About an 20 mins ago I closed Osu to play another game then 15 minutes past then I reopened it, It did a slower version of full process on all my maps then I went to my collections and they were all gone, this has happened before, but how do I fix or prevent this happening from the future. (sorry if the grammars bad, im not very good at english)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Death
Check your osu! folder for a file named collections.db.##########.bak, if it is there, rename it to collections.db and set it to read-only. Make sure you do this while osu! is closed.

It's possible some map is breaking things, make sure you group your map list by nothing and sort by Artist or Name, then scroll up to the top and bottom of your song list and delete and maps without data (i.e. No Artist, No Title, No Music, etc.)

Collections are not the most stable things. You should be able to manually make backups of your collections.db file by copying it to a different folder and whenever the issue occurs replace the current collections.db with your backup.
Topic Starter
Zace
Ok thank you :)