forum

[Archived] High input lag/Feels like vsync

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yadang
Problem Details: Hi, i've downloaded osu! on my new laptop. Every time I play a map, it feels like i got a Vsync ON. Input lag is stuck at 5ms all the time, it is unplayable. Even changing resolution from 1080p to the lowest doesn't make any difference.
My specs are : i5 7300HQ, Nvidia GTX1050 4GB, running at WIN10. There should be absolutely no reason of this happening.
I really don't know anything else to try to improve this, I can't believe a kinda high-end laptop can't handle osu.
Everything is working perfect on my PC.

Things i tried:

Unlimited frame limiter
Fullscreen, Letterbox when lowered resolution
Nvidia settings / disabled Vsync
FixMyPen
Every setting in osu! settings.
Disabled GameDVR which is in win10.
Power management settings set to Max performance.
Played inside Intel's settings for integrated graphics.

osu! version: 20160403.6
Death

YadanG wrote:

osu! version: 20160403.6
Pretty sure this is Fallback, can you double check to make sure it is correct? If you are using fallback, you should probably switch to Latest.

I know you said you checked NVIDIA settings, does that include Shadowplay if your card supports it? Make sure you also have any other overlays disabled (like Discord overlay) and you are not running a program like flux.

NVIDIA also released a driver update a few days ago, something with that update could be causing lag. You can try to roll back the drivers through Windows or download the second driver on the list that populates when you search for your graphics card on this website: https://www.geforce.com/drivers
Topic Starter
Yadang
Thanks for reply, but no, I'm running at latest. Also tried to disable discord and stuff, none of that seems to work :/
Death
Did you try what I suggested about the drivers?
Topic Starter
Yadang
I set up something inside Nvidia experience just now, and right now im updating drivers. Give me a sec and I'll reply after that. I didn't update drivers for 2 months.
Topic Starter
Yadang
I havne't updated driver since I bought this laptop, also didn't have Nvidia experience installed. Well after all that nothing seems to change, the cursor delay is insane, I can't hit 4 star map properly.
Upskirt
Set defaults in the Nvidia Control Panel and disable Game Bar. You should screenshot your whole processes tab in Task Manager and post it here.

Just throwing it out there but if it's a constant latency then there's something running in the background that's causing the issue. Also, there could be a setting in the Nvidia Control Panel that is set by that you may have to change. No driver update will fix your problem.

You can try running in compatibility mode and also disable Fullscreen optimisations in the osu!.exe properties.

Your laptop is not high-end.
Topic Starter
Yadang
Did what you told me, had game bar disabled already, then I said to myself "I might aswell try borderless" and BOOM 1.3ms. Thank you so much bro, u are a lifesaver! I honestly thought borderless will just make things worse, apparentely not. So basically I will play borderless from now on. Thank you for help!