forum

Help I Guess?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lunaboom
So I don't know what happened but for some reason my mania isn't as good as usual now. I find my self scoring lower than the usual score range I get, which is 875k and up. The four stars I play are too easy but when I try to play five stars they're just too hard.

I've been kinda stuck here for the past two months and it doesn't look like I've improved. I've been getting small to no rank and my pp doesn't really change much. My rank seems kinda stuck too and it just feels like I hit a wall. I can't do any better but I start to do not so hot. I think it's really confusing because I play a whole bunch and try to vary my maps but it all goes back to the four stars being too easy and the 5 stars being too hard. The only five stars I've passed are the pp five stars like HT Galaxy Collapse, C18H27N03. and Triumph and Regret. Any help would be appreciated. :/
Bobbias
Ok, so it's pretty common to hit skill walls like this. Of course, it doesn't help that PP is designed such that as your level of improvement slows down your speed of PP growth drops like a rock.

At this point you have quite a few different options. You could try taking a break. Sometimes taking a break can be helpful for making some progress again. You could try changing skins, or making other changes to your setup such as changing to a different key layout.

You can also focus on finding what your weakness is and training that specific skill. I've talked quite a lot about on basically every "help me" thread about this, and I'm getting tired of repeating myself... Maybe go read any of those threads, or maybe even read the excellent guide by drace (and read the discussion for the next few pages too, lots of useful stuff there that nobody reads) here: t/146615
Maybe one of these days I'll write a thread specifically speaking about skill walls.
Dez_old_1
I second what Bobbias said. Taking a break for a few days or maybe even a week or two can be really beneficial in many ways. I find that it causes you to drop bad behaviours, even if you don't notice it everyone has some bad habit that they're doing unconsciously. Another thing that's really important is to practice a wide variety of different maps with different patterns that you aren't accustomed with. This makes you more versatile since you learn to play more types of patterns.

If you haven't seen this thread here t/399593 I highly recommend downloading the maps here. osu!mania is very lacking when it comes to ranked maps so this thread is a godsend.