forum

[Archived] Screen Resolution on Exit

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chez
Problem Details: I play on 720 resolution on a 1080 monitor. When I exit osu, it sets my desktop screen resolution to 720. This does not happen when I tab out. When I tab out, the desktop is 1080. I have to change resolution everytime I exit osu. This also didn't happen when I was playing on fallback. I've had to deal with this ever since I switched to latest months ago.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Death
What graphics card do you have?
Topic Starter
Chez
I have an AMD APU with a Radeon R4 graphics card.
Death
Try going to Catalyst Control Center > My Digital Flat-Panels > Properties > Enable GPU Scaling

Radeon Settings > Display > GPU Scaling should (?) do the same thing too.
Topic Starter
Chez
Unfortunately, that didn't help. I've tried full panel and preserve aspect ratio. Nothing happened.
Death
Enable compatibility mode and check to see if the problem persists.

If it does not happen with compatibility mode enabled, try to completely uninstall your graphics drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller and then reinstall them directly from AMD's Website.

Let me know whether or not compatibility mode worked/did not work, and if you tried reinstalling the drivers.
Eismis
Same thing is happening for me, playing fullscreen on 1600x900, alt tab puts me back into 1920x1080, but exiting the game keeps the resolution at 1600x900.

Nvidia Geforce 940M
Topic Starter
Chez
Compatibility mode didn't work and neither did reinstalling drivers :/
Dntm8kmeeatu
I think this is just an issue with certain Graphics cards / drivers. Normally apparent in Mobile (Laptop) Graphic Chipsets.