forum

Changes to PP calculation and Mods

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
eh - - -
This is a thread listing a few things that could potentially changed and serve as upgrade to osu!

Mod changes

____HR___

- dont cap the OD at 10, if something like 9 is the base OD
- review the HP scaling, it doesnt need to be a significant change here but having a sudden death on 3 100s is not very appealing gameplay on a good bunch of maps. this includes the spinners ( this request has been agreed upon multiple people in the #modhelp channel , i personally dont think HP is a big issue or needs big changes , listed it anyways here )

____FL___

- Rework FL mod, i dont exactly know all mechanics of the mod . But can edit it here to list better possible changes.
- slightly increase the time notes are visible , to increase the potential of a sightread
- Decrease its scoring multiplier to not mess to much with the top 50 ranking

PP calculation changes

- for tempo changes increase the PP gain , in relation to the given OD . if you buff the PP on tempo changes while ignoring OD , low OD multi BPM gets quickly overweighted , and is also in terms of gameplay allot easier . hence should be less rewarding.
- overall decrease higher ODs PP gain , only keep it high , for high accurancy above 99 % . make the contrast more visible to what is actually difficult in % of execution

Additional changes , to make the leaderboard more differentiated looking and make people strive closer to "SS" again

- Change S to SS on anything above 99 % accurancy .
- Change SS to SSS for 100 % accurancy.
- Change A to AA on anything above 99 % accurancy.

Discuiss the value of the listed changes , any good additions will be added in OP.
Pachiru
Why rework of the FL mod? It's a good and well made mod, probably the best with DT mod.
worst fl player

kikuri ][ -666 wrote:

pkhg

kikuri ][ -666 wrote:

lol no
Omaru

L-a-m-e-y [ B ] wrote:

kikuri ][ -666 wrote:

abraker

kikuri ][ -666 wrote:

- dont cap the OD at 10, if something like 9 is the base OD
Kinda iffy on this, but sure I can let it be

kikuri ][ -666 wrote:

- review the HP scaling, it doesnt need to be a significant change here but having a sudden death on 3 100s is not very appealing gameplay on a good bunch of maps. this includes the spinners ( this request has been agreed upon multiple people in the #modhelp channel , i personally dont think HP is a big issue or needs big changes , listed it anyways here )
As a mania player, I do see std HP as more brutal. There needs to be a mod that allows independent customization of difficulty aspects altogether. If I want to play OD10 HP2 or something else after, then I shouldn't go into the editor every time I want to have a change.

kikuri ][ -666 wrote:

- slightly increase the time notes are visible , to increase the potential of a sightread
Change the AR? Play with EZ? I don't get what the issue is.

kikuri ][ -666 wrote:

> Implying you want to shove FL away like a mosquito buzzing in your ear

kikuri ][ -666 wrote:

- for tempo changes increase the PP gain , in relation to the given OD . if you buff the PP on tempo changes while ignoring OD , low OD multi BPM gets quickly overweighted , and is also in terms of gameplay allot easier . hence should be less rewarding.
maybe

kikuri ][ -666 wrote:

- overall decrease higher ODs PP gain , only keep it high , for high accurancy above 99 % . make the contrast more visible to what is actually difficult in % of execution
If you make the curve higher for higher OD, ok

kikuri ][ -666 wrote:

- Change S to SS on anything above 99 % accurancy .
- Change SS to SSS for 100 % accurancy.
- Change A to AA on anything above 99 % accurancy.
Eh, that's too steep up the acc curve for std imo. Std doesn't offer fine acc differences as mania or ctb due to there being less notes overall. In mania, it would make sense to do this for something like 97.0% and 99.0% difference
Full Tablet
How would OD change with HR is there was no cap? With the current formula, anything with OD13 or above is impossible to SS (since the timing window for a 300 is 0ms or smaller)