forum

[Archived] Clicks registering multiple times/when not clicking?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Malorn44
Problem Details:
This has been happening for almost a week. I have tested it out with 3 keyboards, all the USB slots on my computer, reinstalling osu!, putting my setting back to default. Pretty much all the standard things you could think of. I can confirm that this is only with keyboard. The game plays fine when clicking with a mouse. Also, the issue is apparent in ALL beatmaps, not just the one shown in the video below.

Basically what happens as far as I can tell is osu! randomly registers a keypress when there isn't one. This causes a flicker on the screen for sliders or an early press with normal beats. Sometimes it doesn't cause me to break a combo or go from a 300 to a 100 on a hit but a lot of the time it does and it is really annoying. It is practically impossible to FC anything with this and extremely hard to S star any maps. If you need anything else from me, let me know. But this is basically all I know.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... glitch.mp4
Hosting the video on discord. It is a little hard to notice what is happening when you aren't looking for it or playing the game.
*** CAN BE SEEN ABOUT 12 SECONDS IN ALONG WITH A FEW OTHER TIMES***

osu! version: 20170731.2
Lacrimosa
Try shutting down any program running in the background. There could be a conflict resulting in such behaviour. Also give it a try and uninstall/reinstall your keyboard's driver through Device Manager.
Yurumo
Maybe your keyboard is breaking?
I used to use a 4 year old membrane keyboard to play osu!
and I had the exact same problem.

I just changed keyboards /shrug
Topic Starter
Malorn44

Pawnables wrote:

Maybe your keyboard is breaking?
I used to use a 4 year old membrane keyboard to play osu!
and I had the exact same problem.

I just changed keyboards /shrug
I have tested with 3 different keyboards and it is hard to believe that all 3 are breaking, especially when this issue only appears when playing osu!. Also, 2 of the 3 keyboards are practically new.
Topic Starter
Malorn44

Nikosbks wrote:

Try shutting down any program running in the background. There could be a conflict resulting in such behaviour. Also give it a try and uninstall/reinstall your keyboard's driver through Device Manager.
I have tried this and no results
coalminerthe4th
this problem also has been happening to me, no idea why