forum

[Archived] Gaming Convention in Geneva

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Squiick_old
Problem Details:

Hello,

Im part of the organisation team of a gaming convention in Palexpo, Geneva. Our event take place this WE from 22/09/17 to 24/09/17.

Hi, im trying to contact you since the 1st of september about this event because i want to be sure that we arent going to have any problems. Last year, during the previous edition of this convention, some people played osu! and got banned because we are in a LAN Party and many people share the same IPs. So im hoping that there is a way to be sure that this year everything will be all right.

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Lacrimosa
Hey!

Please contact support@ppy.sh informing them about your event as well as addressing any questions that you might have.
Topic Starter
Squiick_old
Hi,

Thank you for your quick response. Sadly ive got no response concerning my question when i wrote using this adress (support@ppy.sh). I also tried tournaments@ppy.sh with no answer as well. And i think that someone else from my organisation tried account@ppy.sh with no results too. A few days ago, i also tried to contact the mods of the osu! subreddit, but ive got no response.

We really hope to be able to play osu! during the video game decathlon of our event. But if there is a risk of a ban, we're going to cancel this and choose another game.

That why im here asking for help.

Best regards
Lyawi

Squiick wrote:

account@ppy.sh
The correct address is accounts@ppy.sh

Because you've waited since a pretty long time, I would give it a try by writing to them again
Lacrimosa
It could take a few days for them to reply to you. They will reach out to you eventually.

Unfortunately, we can't really help you in the forums with that, nor can the moderators of the osu! subreddit. (Which is not run by the osu! team and the moderators there are simple users and not osu! moderators.)

You should be able to run the event fine, but if you still encounter issues (restrictions etc.), contact the email I mentioned in my previous post and the Support will take care of it.
Nathanael
Inform accounts@ppy.sh that your team will have an event with details before it happens. It is to make sure that they are aware that you'll play in a convention. Wait for their reply just in case.

If any ban or restriction happens, contact the same e-mail and provide any proof for appealing.