Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
DJYumene
----
h3oCharles

DJYumene wrote:

It is set to 2.0 because I wanted the thumbnails in the song selection menu. Is there a way to have it countdown like the old way in the new version? I really liked the old countdown style.
Nope, not possible
Henlo
How do I do this like at all lmao
nomq
is it possible to make approach circle bigger ?
im plating with penabled laptop , big approach circle would help me not to miss circles hidden by my hand
h3oCharles

Henlo wrote:

How do I do this like at all lmao
CTRL+O -> Skin -> Open current skin folder
It's as easy as like you'd do an image in an image editor

nomq wrote:

is it possible to make approach circle bigger ?
im plating with penabled laptop , big approach circle would help me not to miss circles hidden by my hand
what do you mean by bigger? bolder or bigger radius? Again, make an image like you'd do in an image editor
pimp
i tried to change the SliderStyle : 1/2/3 and the style didn't change

is stlyle 1 and 3 disabled?
h3oCharles

pimpG wrote:

i tried to change the SliderStyle : 1/2/3 and the style didn't change

is stlyle 1 and 3 disabled?
Fallback version only
xxdinorabbitxx
as yes fallback, forgot that was a thing
ZoDX32
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Saturnalize
if someone can help me with the taiko-drum-inner and taiko-drum-outer problem like the one in the box then PLEASE

NOTE:
1. Since this is a mixed skin I'm using, if needed, .osk will be sent via pm
2. There's no edit in the png other than taiko-bar-left, related to taiko thing (other is just a 1x1 blank png, which I think won't cause such bug)
Haskorion
Change the line "Version: x" in the skin.ini-file to latest and see if that fixes something or add it under the [General] section of the file if it's not there.
[General]
Version: latest
h3oCharles

Z o D wrote:

is it hpbar lenght cant be shorter? or how to shrink that, for example i want put piebar(map progress) in to the middle of the playfield. So, hpbar is upon pie, and it looks bad((
hp bar is scorebar-bg and scorebar-colour

for map progress, you need to make a blank rectangle and call it score-percent
Mugi Brows
Edit: Wrong thread apparently
h3oCharles

Mugi Brows wrote:

Someone wanna throw me some tips, working on this right now. It's mixed but I didn't provide a link for the actual skin. Mirai Nikki based skin throwing together with some photoshopping and sound clipping from the series. I'm really more focused on other parts though, you'll see if you watch the short video.

It's probably mediocre to decent skinners, but that's why I'm asking for help.
This thread is for technical help, not designing
Mugi Brows

h3oCharles wrote:

Mugi Brows wrote:

Someone wanna throw me some tips, working on this right now. It's mixed but I didn't provide a link for the actual skin. Mirai Nikki based skin throwing together with some photoshopping and sound clipping from the series. I'm really more focused on other parts though, you'll see if you watch the short video.

It's probably mediocre to decent skinners, but that's why I'm asking for help.
This thread is for technical help, not designing
Oh sorry... Where can I talk freely about making mixed skins then?
Saturnalize

Haskorion wrote:

Change the line "Version: x" in the skin.ini-file to latest and see if that fixes something or add it under the [General] section of the file if it's not there.
[General]
Version: latest
somehow works fine,,,,,,,,,, skin version messed me up hella
thanks
h3oCharles

Mugi Brows wrote:

Oh sorry... Where can I talk freely about making mixed skins then?
/r/osuskins subreddit might be your best bet
Mugi Brows
Thats the first time anyone ever unironically recommended me to reddit for anything lol, thanks anyway.

On a side note, anyone know where I could find a blood trail as a smoke cursor? Please don't say reddit, its not my type of community.
:edit: Made it already
Yuzuru Aoi
Oh see
Thanks for you time to tech us ;u; <3
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Gnarwhal8
Recently found a sound clip I wanted to make my sectionpass sound. I named it sectionpass.mp3 and replaced the sectionpass file in my surrent skin with it, but now it's just silent. What did I do wrong?
45Traeath
Any sound should be a '.wav' file.
Jeni-Desu
I still dont get the "CursorCenter" in the skin.ini's purpose.. :?
h3oCharles

Jeni-Desu wrote:

I still dont get the "CursorCenter" in the skin.ini's purpose.. :?
you can convert windows cursors with this option set to 0

Gnarwhal8 wrote:

Recently found a sound clip I wanted to make my sectionpass sound. I named it sectionpass.mp3 and replaced the sectionpass file in my surrent skin with it, but now it's just silent. What did I do wrong?
you're not supposed to rename sound extensions. Check out Audacity, it might help you here
hidden_eye
how do I remove the circle that aperes after clicking a circle or a slider
Aakke
When you take stars away from in game (to get rid of those annoying explosions), you can't see difficulty stars in song selection anymore???
Haskorion

hidden_eye wrote:

how do I remove the circle that aperes after clicking a circle or a slider
Go to the options, search for "Disable Hitlighting" and uncheck it.

Aakke wrote:

When you take stars away from in game (to get rid of those annoying explosions), you can't see difficulty stars in song selection anymore???
star.png is used for the difficulty stars.

star2.png are the ones used ingame. So to get rid of them just replace star2.png with a transparent file.
Aakke

Haskorion wrote:

star.png is used for the difficulty stars.

star2.png are the ones used ingame. So to get rid of them just replace star2.png with a transparent file.
Yeah thanks. I just noticed that the problem was that my star2.png was not actually as transparent as I thought it was :D
KriPy
I tried to make animated hitbursts but when i'm playing only the last frame is shown.
It also happens when i copy hitbursts from another skin into mine (and the other way around). Do i need to do something else than just making the sprites?
Haskorion

KriPy wrote:

I tried to make animated hitbursts but when i'm playing only the last frame is shown.
It also happens when i copy hitbursts from another skin into mine (and the other way around). Do i need to do something else than just making the sprites?
Hitburst animations do not loop and have a fixed framerate at 60fps. Since your animation probably is very short (maybe around 10 frames?) they go by very fast and the last frame will always last until the animation process stops.
KriPy

Haskorion wrote:

Hitburst animations do not loop and have a fixed framerate at 60fps. Since your animation probably is very short (maybe around 10 frames?) they go by very fast and the last frame will always last until the animation process stops.

Oh thanks
OpalWolf
you spelt hitcircle wrong, it says 'HitCRICLEoverlay' instead of 'hitcircleoverlay' just thought you'd aught to know :)
coolboy3163
I downloaded these skins and the thing that messes me up is after I finish hitting a circle or a slider there is a circle after I hit it which throws me off. What is the file name so I can remove it?
-Chitose-
Where's my skin? is my skin deleted?

i didn't see "Work in progress" forum
h3oCharles

coolboy3163 wrote:

I downloaded these skins and the thing that messes me up is after I finish hitting a circle or a slider there is a circle after I hit it which throws me off. What is the file name so I can remove it?
sliderendcircle

-Chitose- wrote:

Where's my skin? Is it deleted? I don't see "Work In Progress" forum
Your skin wasn't deleted, it's in the Work In Progress subforum. Try clearing the cache from your browser
-Chitose-

h3oCharles wrote:

Your skin wasn't deleted, it's in the Work In Progress subforum. Try clearing the cache from your browser
I just try it :( t/651871
Neko Kitsune
How do you upload your skin? It seems complicated for me. I think i can upload the images to upppy but what about the skin itself?
Lyawi

Neko Kitsune wrote:

How do you upload your skin? It seems complicated for me. I think i can upload the images to upppy but what about the skin itself?
You need to export your skin. You can do that by pressing the "export as .osk" button when you search for "skin" in your options. Then you have to upload the .osk file somewhere so that people can download it :D
BattleLoli
I got the problem that the hitsounds that I use arent loud enough for me and when i turn up the volume of the game other sounds like for example the combobreak sound are way too loud!

So I wanted to ask if someone knows a programm that can lower or increase the volume of sound files
(It should be able to handle multiple sound files at once because i have like 30 files for each lowering or increasing the volume)

Thanks for your Help!
Nathanael
Audacity is a free, open source audio software. Not sure if it supports batch editing of files though.
h3oCharles

Battlefront18 wrote:

I got the problem that the hitsounds that I use aren't loud enough for me and when i turn up the volume of the game other sounds like for example the combobreak sound are way too loud!

So I wanted to ask if someone knows a program that can lower or increase the volume of sound files
(It should be able to handle multiple sound files at once because I have like 30 files for each lowering or increasing the volume)

Nathanael wrote:

Audacity is a free, open-source audio software. Not sure if it supports batch editing of files though.
it supports batch exporting, not sure about batch filter tho
show more