forum

What other advice is there aside from "PLAY MORE"?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CreativeKid
Just for funsies, I wanted to ask you guys what other advice is there to know about playing Osu! (streaming, jumps, etc.) aside from "Play More" since we've all heard it at some point.
Sandy Hoey
git gud
7ambda

Fxjlk
enjoi gayme
7ambda
I enjoy seeing my daily dose of little to no effort memes ^
Topic Starter
CreativeKid

Sandy Hoey wrote:

git gud
I'll accept it. :roll:
KupcaH
Read sticky threads.
Skidayo
buy tablet
ManuelOsuPlayer
Check how to config well your mouse. Find good sensitivity and grip.
Topic Starter
CreativeKid

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

My sensitivity before was around 3.5 or something. I'm experimenting with around 4 now.

Crappy Mouse that is hard to grip + Sweaty Hands = Disaster

I'm thinking of buying the Huion 420 since it's the cheapest I can possibly get with around 1,500 Philippine Pesos or so (roughly 30 US dollars of course) though it's gonna take me awhile since I save about 100 Philippine Pesos per week (around 2 US Dollars). With, 400 pesos so far, I'm getting there alright.

I'm not buying another mouse, I'll just get straight to the tablet.
hayate13
Plz enjhoy gaem
-Makishima S-
Quit osu
Yurumo
Play even more.

Also your grip, area, and equipment are also important.

Use a grip that's comfortable for you.
Use the biggest area you can comfortably reach 4 corners with.

Mechanical keyboards do help but they're not a necessity.

(If you're using mouse, DPI is also important).
ManuelOsuPlayer

CreativeKid wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

My sensitivity before was around 3.5 or something. I'm experimenting with around 4 now.

Crappy Mouse that is hard to grip + Sweaty Hands = Disaster

I'm thinking of buying the Huion 420 since it's the cheapest I can possibly get with around 1,500 Philippine Pesos or so (roughly 30 US dollars of course) though it's gonna take me awhile since I save about 100 Philippine Pesos per week (around 2 US Dollars). With, 400 pesos so far, I'm getting there alright.

I'm not buying another mouse, I'll just get straight to the tablet.
Mine was 7€ and works well.
I mean, there is no need to spend lot's of money to get decent setup. But you need to setup all really well.
Chose the raw imput option to ignore windows sensitivity/acceleration. Set Osu sentitivity to 1. And chose the lower dpi what let you reach well the 4 screen corners. May feel slow but you should start getting way better plays and improvment really fast.

If your mouse don't have option to change dpi, you should buy a expensive one what let you change the dpi. And if that isn't possible or you can't right now do the next:
-Disable Pointer Precision at windows sensitivity.
-Disable raw input from Osu options.
-Set osu sensitivity to 1.
-Chose 2/11 4/11 6/11 8/11 or 10/11 the lowest where you can reach the 4 corners from the center of the screen.
This should make the cursor move way better and skip less píxels than other options.

Other important thing it's to clean Mouse and mousepad every day to keep the same "sentitivity" and don't move slow than it should or stuck. You can also remove mouse antislip at bottom to make the mouse move more using less strenght, but depends on your stuff and it's more a personal preference.
Fxjlk

F1r3tar wrote:

I enjoy seeing my daily dose of little to no effort memes ^
No effort memes are the best memes
N0thingSpecial

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

stuff.
If you want precise movement, change in game sensitivity instead.
abraker
Changing gamemode might help
Rynnavinx
try turning off monitor
mulraf
https://puu.sh/unB20/caee7b883d.pdf korliak's guide
and the stuff that was posted before.

idk everyone has his own views and ways of improving. that's why i like 'PLAY MORE'. you also get to know what is best for you and can look for the path to improvement that suits yourself best or eternally be condemned to scrubness.