forum

Taiko Last Man Standing : Battlegrounds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Backfire

Welcome to a new type of tournament, Taiko Last Man Standing : Battlegrounds.

Join the Discord!

Concept and Rules

The concept of the tournament is simple, 15 players (and 1 referee) will perform the LMS SE style eliminations, single life, no coming back, all in a single lobby and one match. The catch is that I, along with special guests each week, will curate a pool that you have to play in sequence, so the pools are hidden and everyone knows the maps at the same time as each other. Sometimes this will play to your advantage, sometimes it will not. The idea is like the well-known game, PLAYERUNKOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, hence the name! Only the final player can be the victor for that weekend. You must be above rank 5000 to participate! This is to ensure that you can properly play the maps presented to you. Maps will be from 5 STARS AND ABOVE

In this weekly tournament, it's a 1 day affair, occurring at two rotating times on each day, decided a few days in advance based on the participation rate of different countries, rotating each weekend. This makes it so that all places around the world can sign up, but differing conveniences depending on the times you are available. You can sign up for either, but be wary of the times you may have to play! Considering it is a single match, please make sure to know about these times in advance! Matches will last around 2 hours, so make sure you are available!

There will be different prizes each week, the pools will have different themes each week, and you can sign up as many times as you want if you haven't won, but winners cannot sign up again, and must wait until the final "Winners Circle" tournament. Since there is two matches each weekend, after 8 weeks, we will perform the final tournament with all the winners and you will compete for a prize of a Profile Badge, + Supporter or Cash. But each week there will be prizes! I will give choices and you can pick which you'd rather have.

There is one more catch, since this is a tournament with a limited amount of space, you may sign up but if it goes over 15 people for each block by 12:00 AM UTC on Wednesday, we will perform a raffle and it will determine who participates each week. Otherwise, matches are filled.

Rules are standard, applying from LMS SE, however, we will be using SCORE V1 FOR THIS TOURNAMENT! Not V2, so please be aware of that before signing up.

In Summary, 2 Groups of 15 Players will play on Saturday and Sunday, each winner gets a different prize, there is 8 weeks of themes and the final week will be a culmination of all winners competing! Please sign up below, and only sign up for the one which applies to you! Walk-Ins are welcome too!

PARTICIPANT LIST

MAP PLAYLISTS

STATISTICS

Staff

Manager, Organizer, Map-Selector, Referee, Banner Designer : Backfire
Referees : Shyguy, Axer, JDrago14
Streamer : lineqtxz
Statistics : Noko_BSF

Dates, Prizes, and Winners

ALL PRIZES INCLUDE AN ENTRANT FOR THE WINNERS TOURNAMENT ON NOVEMBER 18th
Week 1 (September 23-24) Prize : 4 Months of Supporter or 12$ Steam/Paypal/Amazon
Week 2-4 (September 30-October 15) Prize : 1 Month of Supporter or 5$ Steam/Paypal/Amazon
Week 5 (October 21-22) Prize : 4 Months of Supporter or 12$ Steam/Paypal/Amazon
Week 6-8 (October 28--29) Prize : 1 Month of Supporter or 5$ Steam/Paypal/Amazon
Championship Match : Profile Badge!

Week 1 Winners : _yu68 & nananass
Week 2 Winners : iceOC & uone
Week 3 Winners : Ekumea & Mulberry
Week 4 Winners : Janitoreihil & pmriva
Week 5 Winners :CreepyDuck & Babysnakes
Week 6 Winners : isobe & H1gumo
Week 7 Winners : kei821 & Jaye
Week 8 Winner : asgardv
Champion! : nananass
Vulkin
Good luck everyone!
Shinsekai-
score V1 \o/ YAS!!
Axer
count me in niggy
Remyria
9 am East time is early :(
Topic Starter
Backfire

Remyria wrote:

9 am East time is early :(
For which time? I feel like I need to clarify, it's 01:00, not 13:00
Topic Starter
Backfire
Only 1 (or 3 if others dont sign up) spot available for saturday, still a lot for sunday though. If, for some reason, we don't get the maximum number of entrants on each, we can still complete the match with a smaller number of people. I hope you can all tell your friends to come play, and we'll work on some of the formatting and stuff later! Times can be changed if there is more people wanting it to be changed.

Also, I'm looking for someone, specifically, a partner who is interested in learning about how to run a tournament and would like to gain some experience in participating and running a tournament. They would be responsible for the sunday match, and we can discuss things on discord or in game if we need to.

I will make us, also, a discord to join for updates and to discuss match results and such.
Topic Starter
Backfire
So, Saturday is full but sunday still has 6 spots left.
Topic Starter
Backfire
Congrats to our first weekend winners

Topic Starter
Backfire
Banner has been updated with the theme this week, Let's Rock
Topic Starter
Backfire
Alright week 3 banner is up and congrats to our two winners from last weekend
Beat43210
Week 4 HYPE
Topic Starter
Backfire
Banner is up, one small caveat, we're gonna be moving Saturday's time to 16:30 UTC. Please note this if you have already signed up. Thanks guys
Topic Starter
Backfire
So spin-off is revived! But only for a limited time, so sign up today to participate in the festivities!
Topic Starter
Backfire
nananass is our winner!

If you'd like to watch the match you can find it here : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202297513

And also here is the badge we're going with !