forum

[resolved] Beatmap refresh (f5) doesn't process unknown maps en mass

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FuturisticMe
Problem Details:
The beatmap refresh option (when you press f5) works, as in, I get the "this will refresh your beatmap list" screen, and I can press "yes" and it will actually load, but it will only ever switch the ranked status (ranked, pending, unknown) to a single beatmap I have selected, which means I can't refresh multiple beatmaps at once. How do I fix this? It worked two weeks ago. I have a buttload of beatmaps that are set to "unknown" , and it's really shitty.

I have enough space on my hard drive. Relogging doesn't work, closing and entering osu doesn't work, reinstalling doesn't work. Osu isn't blocked by my firewall. Compability mode doesn't work either.

I'm on win10 64-bit.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
There is nothing to screenshot. Process is described above.

osu! version: b20170731.2 (Stable), but I checked, and it doesn't work on the latest cuttingedge either.
Lacrimosa
Try moving the osu!.db file out of your osu! folder while osu! is closed. This should reprocess all of your beatmaps upon relaunching the game.
Topic Starter
FuturisticMe

Nikosbks wrote:

Try moving the osu!.db file out of your osu! folder while osu! is closed. This should reprocess all of your beatmaps upon relaunching the game.
it "reprocessed" them, but I still have the same problem- now I have one ranked map, and a *lot* of unknown ones.

Edit: and in order to view what rank I achieved on the maps I already played, I have to select one map at a time and wait ~5 seconds for it to load the individual map rank. F5 again doesn't help.
FJMlol
I have the same problem.
Topic Starter
FuturisticMe
It suddenly started working again for me. Weird.
FJMlol
It's now working for me too!
Pawsu
I'm marking as resolved for the time being, let me know if something happens.
akatsuki aika
if I refresh or press f5, my 4k beatmap is lost and doesn't know where
how to fix it
Panther
bump, this is still an issue with no fix. peppy pls fix
McRoasty
I'm still running in to this issue, is there a solution yet?
Death

McRoasty wrote:

I'm still running in to this issue, is there a solution yet?
Try pressing Fn + F5. If you are still having issues, please make a new thread.