forum

How do I change the hit position of a skin?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RhythmRetard
I've tried changing the hit position by going into the 4kskin.ini and setting HitPosition: to a higher number, since I want the hit position to be lower, but nothing is changing at all. I've even looked at an auto play of a map with the scroll speed set very low and I can see that absolutely nothing has changed. Can someone explain to me what I must be doing wrong? Everywhere I look it says to just change the hit position by going into the skin.ini file and changing the HitPosition: value, and I've tried that multiple times with different skins and it isn't working.
Full Tablet
Press CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+S to reload the skin after changing the hitposition

Also, it could be that the hitposition is actually changing, but the skin is made in a way that the receptors don't move with the hitposition (so you still have to press the keys at different positions, but the receptors are offset from that point)

IIRC, hitposition accepts only values between 240 (middle of the screen) to 480 (bottom of the screen).
Topic Starter
RhythmRetard

Full Tablet wrote:

Also, it could be that the hitposition is actually changing, but the skin is made in a way that the receptors don't move with the hitposition (so you still have to press the keys at different positions, but the receptors are offset from that point)

IIRC, hitposition accepts only values between 240 (middle of the screen) to 480 (bottom of the screen).
Is there anything I can do if the receptors don't move with the hit position?
ReTLoM
add
JudgementLine: 1
it should show the hitline as a small white line
Teckrate

Full Tablet wrote:

Is there any way to change the position of the receptors?
Lights
adding whitespace to the bottom of the receptor image?
PurpleWA

BlackViper2290 wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

Is there any way to change the position of the receptors?
yeah I was wondering the same thing because the keys on my skin are too high
Lights

Lights wrote:

PurpleWA wrote:

if you want to lower the images, remove the empty rows of pixels at the bottom
aghil jayadi

Lights wrote:

Lights wrote:

PurpleWA wrote:

How to remove the empty rows of pixels at the bottom?
[LS]PositoniX

aghil jayadi wrote:

Lights wrote:

Lights wrote:

PurpleWA wrote:

if they are showing up as white lines you can open it up on paint.net, select the pixels that you want to remove, press delete and save
Rico Zoldyck

[LS]PositoniX wrote:

aghil jayadi wrote:

Lights wrote:

Lights wrote:

PurpleWA wrote:

if they are showing up as white lines you can open it up on paint.net, select the pixels that you want to remove, press delete and save
So, have you guys found a way to raise the receptors?
Jianshyy
the only way to move your receptors/keys is to move the element images manually by using an image-editing software such as photoshop/figma/gimp/paint.net