forum

[resolved] connection error, can't connect to bancho bot

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
babfishs
Problem Details: everytime I try to play online or try doing anything that need internet connection it just doesn't work, it does not connect to bancho bot,
and I amoust sure I'm connected to internet ( or wouldn't even be able to post this ) I have searched but didn't find anything.
also ... already tried to disable antivirus and firewall or reinstalling osu... help pls

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://imgur.com/nJ15Tf0
http://imgur.com/2ovcpPL

osu! version: 20160403.6
Maskarada
I have the exact same problem as you! I really don't know what to do, and it's really frustrating. I have had this problem for a month now, maybe even more. The bigger problem is that now I can't even play solo. When I click on osu! icon it automatically opens updater. But, it won't update because of internet connection problem. I am also 100% sure that I am connected to the internet, because I am watching YouTube as I write this.

I really really hope someone will help us with this :(

P.S. I don't know how to check my current osu! version, since I can't even open osu!.
Grast_02
I have this problem too as from Maskarada.. reinstall doesn't help. :(
Maskarada
Yeap, I tried reinstalling, I tried completely disabling my Firewall. Nothing works...
Topic Starter
babfishs
ok so I found a temporally ''solution'' for my problem
I installed a older version of osu using a <olld installer> that can be found on the official site in
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/download
https://imgur.com/a/xMoO9
and after downloading osu with this installer I CAN now play in multiplayer and have acess to banchobot
buuuut...
I still want a real solution because I want to use the newest and updated version of osu :cry:
for now this is the version that I will use hope that this help you guys too
Maskarada
Oh it works! Thank you babfishs! Did you maybe try updating it from that old installer or you didn't wanna risk it?
Pachiru
Are you sure that your anti-virus isn't blocking the connection to osu! without your agreement Maskarada? I know that some anti-virus also give a firewall option.
From what you said, it sounds like something is blocking Bancho.
Maskarada

Pachiru wrote:

Are you sure that your anti-virus isn't blocking the connection to osu! without your agreement Maskarada? I know that some anti-virus also give a firewall option.
From what you said, it sounds like something is blocking Bancho.
So, fallback version works. It connects to Bancho even with antivirus on and firewall on. I tried updating osu! to the newest version from inside the game from fallback version. It updated, but again it fails to connect to Bancho after I restarted the game. I have tried disabling both antivirus and firewall at the same time and still doesn't work. I use Avast antivirus, and that antivirus always notifies me when it blocks some program or web page. I didn't get any notification for osu!. So I'm sure it doesn't block it whatsoever.

I only have this problem with the newest version of osu! for some reason. And as you can see I'm not the only one. I think the problem is much bigger than just antivirus or firewall...

For now, I'm gonna keep using fallback version, cause that's the only way. But I hope this gets resolved in the future so I can play new version :)
Lacrimosa
Switch to Cutting Edge build and provide your network.log file, please.
Maskarada

Nikosbks wrote:

Switch to Cutting Edge build and provide your network.log file, please.
https://mega.nz/#!5k11UY4Q!9u9myPqSZeSPO4VfFSeD3YKyxkew9L2dqIGlA98NAZQ

Here it is!
Lacrimosa
Maskarada and babfishs, please switch to Cutting Edge build, go to the options menu and use the Debug_ForceIPv4FallbackPath option.
Maskarada

Nikosbks wrote:

Maskarada and babfishs, please switch to Cutting Edge build, go to the options menu and use the Debug_ForceIPv4FallbackPath option.
Did it. It still doesn't work. I tried to restart osu!, but now when I open it, it doesn't open the game, but the updater box, and it's just stuck there, cause it says there is no internet connection.
Pachiru
If it doesn't work, you can also try releasing and renewing your IPconfig, and flushing your DNS.
I'm not sure if it'll work, but it's still worth a try.
Lacrimosa

Maskarada wrote:

Did it. It still doesn't work. I tried to restart osu!, but now when I open it, it doesn't open the game, but the updater box, and it's just stuck there, cause it says there is no internet connection.
Can you update back to fallback, though? Please provide your update.log.

Meanwhile, make sure your .NET Framework is properly installed and up-to-date. You might wanna uninstall it completely and install the latest version to make sure nothing is messing up with it.
Venix
Try to go to proxy settings by going to control panel > network and sharing center > internet options, if you're here then go to connections tab and click LAN settings button, now uncheck Automaticly detect options. Press ok and close internet settings and try to run osu!

My osu! was connecting ultra slow and after this it's connecting very fast so it's a worth try I think.
Maskarada

Nikosbks wrote:

Can you update back to fallback, though? Please provide your update.log.

Meanwhile, make sure your .NET Framework is properly installed and up-to-date. You might wanna uninstall it completely and install the latest version to make sure nothing is messing up with it.
I cannot update back to fallback version. When I do that it tells me that there is no internet connection. The only way for me to go back to fallback is to uninstall the game and install it again with the fallback installer. Here's update.log: https://mega.nz/#!Q40CCIpC!Uw_JGTM9di6u5WaIWKHWL0v2-QsM11PpIQk-NXqeFbg

Tried deleting and installing .NET Framework and it still doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it's up-to-date.

Venix wrote:

Try to go to proxy settings by going to control panel > network and sharing center > internet options, if you're here then go to connections tab and click LAN settings button, now uncheck Automaticly detect options. Press ok and close internet settings and try to run osu!

My osu! was connecting ultra slow and after this it's connecting very fast so it's a worth try I think.
Doesn't work :/
Chewin
p/2189122
p/2174018

I have read some other topics related to this error and even if it looks weird: do you have Speedbit Video Accelerator installed on your pc?
If yes, uninstall it. It seems it causes some troubles with banchoo connection.
Topic Starter
babfishs

Nikosbks wrote:

so i switched to the cutting edge build and activated Debug_ForceIPv4FallbackPath option, now i'm not connecting to bancho bot anymore and can't go back to others versions because it says i'm not connected. Also my .NET Framework is updated
and for some reason my network.log file is empty

Chewin wrote:

p/2189122
p/2174018

I have read some other topics related to this error and even if it looks weird: do you have Speedbit Video Accelerator installed on your pc?
i uninstalled dropbox, and a long time ago had Speedbit Video downloader installed ,I don't know if it affect the game in the same way,but did uninstalled it in that time,and don't see it anymore on my pc
Lacrimosa
It seems to be the exact case with t/472002 and t/441896.

Both users got this issue resolved by reinstalling Windows. I would suggest giving it a shot as a last resort, if everything else fails. Make sure to backup any files of importance that you might have, though.
Chewin

babfishs wrote:

Chewin wrote:

p/2189122
p/2174018

i uninstalled dropbox, and a long time ago had Speedbit Video downloader installed ,I don't know if it affect the game in the same way,but did uninstalled it in that time,and don't see it anymore on my pc
There may still be some residue of it maybe. Try to reinstall it and uninstall it with "custom" uninstallation and not using the "automatic" one:

Thing is, Osu! has trouble connecting because of Speedbit Video Accelerator, that I had to uninstall to make it work. Be careful though, you must do a "custom" uninstallation, and not an "automatic" one. Then on each dialog that appears, you have to click "Select all" and then go to the next step with "Next".
Just give it a try
Topic Starter
babfishs
well i wasn't expecting such a rigid solution , but I will try it later as soon as i can, I was planning to reinstall windows anyway...
will post results later
Maskarada

Chewin wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2189122
p/2174018

I never had such software on my PC.

Nikosbks wrote:

It seems to be the exact case with t/472002 and t/441896.

Both users got this issue resolved by reinstalling Windows. I would suggest giving it a shot as a last resort, if everything else fails. Make sure to backup any files of importance that you might have, though.
Yeap, I thought so. I was thinking that reinstalling Windows would be the only way, but I secretly hoped that won't be the solution. Oh well, I can't reinstall Windows so soon tbh, because of some other reasons, but I'll do it sometime in the future. Until then, I'll use fallback version. Thank you everyone from osu! support who gave this topic attention and who tried their best to help us :D
Topic Starter
babfishs
ok finally after a long time, I reinstalled windows back to windows 7 and got problems with osu which crashed everytime I opened it, so i searched and this thread here helped me https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/5836317

after that I had a ''pending verification'' problem where I couldn't enter my account even after verifying it, so this thread here solved it https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/579244

AND after all that I finally have reached my goal and connected to banchobot, now I can play multyplayer again :P :cry: :P
thanks to everybody who tried to help me and hope anyone that have the same problem solve it! thanks again
- Neon -

Venix wrote:

I'm having the same problem and this one worked. Thank you very much! :)
Sxtanick

- Neon - wrote:

Venix wrote:

I'm having the same problem and this one worked. Thank you very much! :)
kirisaki hachi
Its Still doesn't working,bancho say"no internet connection,we'll keep trying" :(
Death

kirisaki hachi wrote:

Its Still doesn't working,bancho say"no internet connection,we'll keep trying" :(

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/647666 Read this

If you are still having issues please make a new thread instead of bumping older ones.
show more