forum

[Archived] Fullscreen mode doesn't work

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arthesian
Problem Details:

When I enable ''fullscreen mode'' on my laptop in a lower resolution. it doesn't go fullscreen.
My native screen resolution is 4K ( 3840x2160 ). But gaming at that resolution isn't the best..... So I lowered the resolution in OSU! to 1920x1080p. But even in fullscreen mode, the window is just 1/4th the size of my screen ( see picture below ).

When OSU starts, my screen does flicker a bit ( like it's trying to set the screen resolution to 1920x1080, but then it fails for some reason, and just goes back to 4K again... -- and OSU just becomes this small screen )

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://i.imgur.com/3FTCB9N.png

Any help? ( I know a work around would be just lowering the main screen resolution to fullHD, but I'd rather not resort to that. I will do so in the meantime to by-pass this issue, but it's a hassle to change the screen resolution manually each time )

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Kondou-Shinichi
why are you even gaming with a 4K moniter in the first place
Topic Starter
Arthesian
This is the laptop I use for work, I recently got a new one, and it has a 4K screen....so yeah.... I know it's silly to try to game at that resolution....that's why I try to lower the in-game resolution....

which results in the following issue.... xD

Also, lowering the screen resolution didn't even fix it, lol. OSU! still detects the native resolution to be 4K, and scales itself accordingly.... >.< ( not really, it just sets my screen resolution to native, idk what's happening )

The only way to get it to go fullscreen ( from what I've tried so far ), it using native resolution, but the framerate is very unstable at 4K ( 40~110 FPS ). At full HD it easily manages to cap at 240fps ( limit ), but it doesn't fill the screen xD
Dntm8kmeeatu
There seems to be problems with Mobile GPU scaling, you aren't the first person to come across this issue. I'm going to blame the drivers for these cards.

Try going into your Graphics Drivers and look for aspect ratio / scaling options and mess around with them.
Topic Starter
Arthesian
Ok....sooooo....

I managed to get OSU! go fullscreen at fullHD resolution, by fiddling with the Intel driver stuff and lowering the base resolution of my screen.....but now OSU!'s frame rate is limited to 30 for some reason ( as if it's not the active application -- I know this from my PC, when I have OSU open in one screen, if it loses focus it drops to 30FPS )

Very weird....
Shortthu
fps limit at 30fps when osu! loses focus is intentional
Topic Starter
Arthesian
Yes I know..... but not when I actually AM ingame xD....that's the issue

'' it's LIKE osu! has lost focus ". But the FPS cap stays at 30fps, even though I am playing or navigating menu's. ( I've tried settings FPS limit to VSYNC, 120, 240, unlimited.... didn't work )
Shortthu
oh :thinking:
sorry for misunderstanding xd