forum

[resolved] My map is corrupted or incomplete

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tiff
Problem Details: my map https://osu.ppy.sh/s/644457
My friend told me that my map is corrupted or incomplete, moved to failed file.
I tried too, this is the screenshot
Screenshot
right bottom
I tried reload my video, I tried to put in zip. and extract it again, I changed the name of the video (because of special characters?) they all came out the same problem, so I don't know what is the problem of that, can someone help me thanks! :)

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Please copy your song folder and zip it and upload it to puush or s-ul. I will take a look at the map and see what's wrong.
Topic Starter
Tiff

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Please copy your song folder and zip it and upload it to puush or s-ul. I will take a look at the map and see what's wrong.

here
https://puu.sh/xfV6W/f8853034cb.zip
idk I found out there is a same folder in this folder, do I just delete it? I'm scared I'll lost something
well thanks anyways :)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Yeah the multiple folder thing aint right.

Only one folder should exist, it should be like /osu!/songs/beatmap/

Nothing else, remove the extra folders. (make sure to not delete them just incase, just simply move to your desktop or something)
Venix
To be honest this is beatmap's fault. This problem occurs for me too.

Problem is propably like one of diff have any metadata symbol in .osu name.

These "??" are propably unreadable UTF-8 symbols but it can be just bugged metadata on this .osu file too.

Edit: Yeah it's these "??" fault, when I've changed "??USTRICK" to "TRUSRICK" and it worked well.

To fix it go to osu! folder > songs > failed and then find .osz with this mapest. Open it via RAR 7Zip or smth like this. Now rename last file like I wrote above. Close rar and run .osz through failed folder.
Topic Starter
Tiff

Venix wrote:

To be honest this is beatmap's fault. This problem occurs for me too.

Problem is propably like one of diff have any metadata symbol in .osu name.

These "??" are propably unreadable UTF-8 symbols but it can be just bugged metadata on this .osu file too.

Edit: Yeah it's these "??" fault, when I've changed "??USTRICK" to "TRUSRICK" and it worked well.

To fix it go to osu! folder > songs > failed and then find .osz with this mapest. Open it via RAR 7Zip or smth like this. Now rename last file like I wrote above. Close rar and run .osz through failed folder.
Do u extract the file first? or u just open it, because I tried to extract it they give me the osz. file. (I use WinRAR)
Topic Starter
Tiff

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Yeah the multiple folder thing aint right.

Only one folder should exist, it should be like /osu!/songs/beatmap/

Nothing else, remove the extra folders. (make sure to not delete them just incase, just simply move to your desktop or something)
I did move it, its still not working, well I think there is other problems, thanks anyways
Dntm8kmeeatu
I didn't even see that diff
Venix
I just opened via winrar and then changed name. Closed and opened (still .osz)
Topic Starter
Tiff

Venix wrote:

I just opened via winrar and then changed name. Closed and opened (still .osz)
what do I do after renaming it? It works but how to I upload again, do I copy and move it there?
Topic Starter
Tiff

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

I didn't even see that diff
what diff?
Venix
Don't double post

1. Go to osu! > songs > failed
  2. Right click map file and click open via WinRAR or smth similar
  3. Just rename file without unpacking map.
  4. Close winrar and run map file.
Topic Starter
Tiff

Venix wrote:

Don't double post

1. Go to osu! > songs > failed
  2. Right click map file and click open via WinRAR or smth similar
  3. Just rename file without unpacking map.
  4. Close winrar and run map file.
I did, its still not working
well I figured it out the solution and it works!
I copied the beatsounds, hit objects.. etc other stuff from the notepad and to a new difficulty again, delete the old one
and I think my map works now. You can try it out :)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/644457
anyways thanks for helping me :)