forum

[Archived] Delete ALL VISIBLE beatmaps not working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ryuo
Problem Details:
I'm trying to delete all my Taiko maps using the delete all visible maps button. Unfortunately, something seems to go wrong. The game freezes for about 2-4 minutes. All I can hear during that time is clicking/ticking sounds in the background. But when the game goes back to normal, the beatmap count for Taiko maps stays the same, indicating no change in number of beatmaps. :(

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Album of screenshots : http://imgur.com/a/CETP5

osu! version: b20170731.2
Pawsu
Try deleting them in small portions. It's been shown that if you try and mass delete a ton it'll crash/freeze.
Topic Starter
Ryuo

Pawsu wrote:

Try deleting them in small portions. It's been shown that if you try and mass delete a ton it'll crash/freeze.
I tried doing so by filtering the beatmaps by difficulty from the settings. Tried with various beatmap numbers. But even for map numbers such as 58 and 20 the issue still persists. After a beatmap process(F5) the supposed beatmaps reappear, fully playable.
Pawsu

DivideByNone wrote:

Pawsu wrote:

I tried doing so by filtering the beatmaps by difficulty from the settings. Tried with various beatmap numbers. But even for map numbers such as 58 and 20 the issue still persists. After a beatmap process(F5) the supposed beatmaps reappear, fully playable.
That's quite strange, actually...
Does this happen on Stable(Latest) and Cutting Edge?
Topic Starter
Ryuo

Pawsu wrote:

That's quite strange, actually...
Does this happen on Stable(Latest) and Cutting Edge?
Yes, both Stable(Latest) and Cutting Edge.
Sandy Hoey
I can confirm that "delete all visible maps" doesnt work for me as well, although i dont get the freezing. Just deleted a whole bunch of mania maps yesterday and it didn't show them right after I deleted them, but they were all still there when I opened up osu! today. i'm on Stable (Latest)
Etholux
I am having the same issue, why is this in resolved since I've seen many people with this problem from three years ago and it's still in the 2020 stable version?

Edit - I seem to have solved the problem by only clicking on "delete all visible beatmaps" from the last map in the list. Whether it's sorted by title or sorted by artist, it deletes everything above it and not below for some reason?
- Pop -

Etholux wrote:

I am having the same issue, why is this in resolved since I've seen many people with this problem from three years ago and it's still in the 2020 stable version?

Edit - I seem to have solved the problem by only clicking on "delete all visible beatmaps" from the last map in the list. Whether it's sorted by title or sorted by artist, it deletes everything above it and not below for some reason?
Good to know that you need to select the bottom most map for it to work, that's quite strange. Also my game keeps freezing whenever I use the "deleate all visible beatmaps" button.
TheDeadGamer

Etholux wrote:

i've been trying to figure this out for the last 30 minutes, Thank you
AstroOrbis
Can confirm - you have to do it in small batches, and you need select the last map in the list; batches of 100 - 300 are stable, anything closer to 400+ is unstable and will most likely crash you and lose your progress. osu! also freezes while deleting, so keep that in mind