forum

Im stuck at 3 star, please help :-(

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
matej777
Im stuck on 3.5-4* maps. Everything below 3.5 is ez pz i can fc it, but everything above is hard af and i dont see improvement in a weeks! If u can please give me some advice, and did u also stuck here? :?: :cry:

Btw, here is the video of my current skill (same as 2 weeks ago): https://youtu.be/cvy7J6JG0cM
Yyorshire
seems like your doing fine to me

just play more, it really is that simple
ExplicitSoul
Yea it's all really a matter of how much you play, though when you get around there-learning intricate patterns is vital, try and find maps you may have a B on and try to get an A, when you run out of B maps, go for an S, then try higher maps-ones you couldn't do before.

At least that's what works for me
abraker
No, no, no this won't do.

See your graph? I wish I had that.

Now look at mine.

What is your definition of improvement?
Vladimir Puchin

abraker wrote:

Now look at mine.

:cry:
Topic Starter
matej777

abraker wrote:

Now look at mine.

yes, i played some pp songs like triumph and regret and im playing new songs every day in 3.5-4 range, but as soon as i try 4.2*+ star i fail horribly.
And im getting same or worse results on maps i played 1 or 2 weeks ago :o
Bobbias
Star rating is not very accurate, so you might have been having bad luck and playing harder low* maps. Even if that's not the case, there's not a LOT that you can do other than play osu.

Of course, there are some ways to optimize your learning while you play. Pay attention to EXACTLY what patterns you have trouble with, and practice maps that have those. Preferably find a map that is a bit easier than the ones you want to play, but still has the same kind of patterns that give you trouble. Don't grind plays on a map though, because when you do that, you start memorizing the map and that means your scores will look better but only on that map, not other maps with the same kind of pattern.

EDIT: Also abraker, at least you've gained a few ranks recently. Other than that one bump, my tank has just been declining the entire length of the graph.
twistedclever
well there are some suggestions i could give for you:

1. Go play with lower speed. Try to read the pattern, even the complicated one. and dont panic
  2. Dont just play ranked maps. Many unranked maps are really great to train your accuracy.
  3. Always play with random mods. It's okay to play with random unmodded songs, but trust me when you're always play with random mods your reflect will increase.
  4. Go Play 7k, when you're back to 4k it will be easier :D

feel free to correct me, i'm all ears.