forum

Song Setup not working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
otkmarth
I was trying to do my song setup and now a notification pops up saying:
Unable to write to file
C:Users/Charlotte T/Desktop/osu/Songs with the name of my mp3 file and the translated title I tried to put in.
Here is the titles I put in, the first one works but the second one doesn't, and I've tried deleting commas or adding colons and it deletes the whole beatmap and I have to start from scratch again.
I would also add a photo but I don't have an image url since it's a screenshot.
What I tried to input:

Love Yell feat. Kyoko Igarashi (CV Atsumi Tanezaki) Yuuki Otokura (CV Yuki Nakashima) Yukari Mizumoto (CV Akane Fujita) Kirari Moroboshi (CV Rei Matsuzaki) Yuki Himekawa (CV Mako Morino)

Love Yell, feat. 五十嵐響子 (CV. 種崎敦美), 乙倉悠貴 (CV. 中島由貴), 水本ゆかり (CV. 藤田 茜), 諸星きらり (CV. 松嵜麗), 姫川友紀 (CV. 杜野 まこ)
The translated version (top) shows up as this (below) if it isn't deleted, If I make two difficulties, the one I tried to either delete commas or add colons onto will be deleted, or all difficulties of it.

This is what shows up if I've either made more than one difficulty and check the other which isn't deleted
Love Yell feat. (CV) (CV) (CV) (CV) (CV)
Endaris
I know for sure there is a more detailed thread for this but it is probably related to this problem:
t/417496

The only thing that puzzles me is the fact that the romanised version alone would work.
There was a precedence case on how such overly long artist names should be handled until it is fixed some time ago but I can't find it right now.

I would recommend to start mapping with wrong metadata for now and change it later when it is known what should be put in the Artist field.
Before you try editing the artist you can export your beatmap via File -> Export and save a duplicate of that one in a safe location in order to avoid your work from getting wiped when the renaming fails again.

When you encounter such a problem the next time, try posting in Help instead as this subforum is more for the type of questions about the things that actually don't break.
Topic Starter
otkmarth
Oh okay. Thank you