forum

[Archived] No osu folder

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Swaelyn
Problem Details:

I recently got work done on my computer which required me to get a new hard drive. When I got on my computer I downloaded osu and when I opened it up it started from the beginning, like if I was a new player, which made me extremely disappointed so I opened the osu folder and went to the ‘song’ folder to check if it had my songs because I could barely remember them. So I re-downloaded them all by typing in their song titles one at a time until I was finished. But take note that I just downloaded them, they weren’t loaded into osu because I was planning to do that later. But for a few beat maps I opened to load into osu so I can play for a bit. I was going to open up osu app but it wasn’t on my desktop screen or my pin bar so I searched it in my folders. But before opening the app I had to get the beat maps onto osu so I hit +ctrl and right click mouse and dragged down to the last beat map then moved the song files to osu, which was like 2000 beat maps. When I clicked ‘osu’ my original osu with all my beat maps and skins appeared (While I was collecting all my old beat maps I downloaded new ones as well, but no skins, so I should have had the original start-up osu skin) . I sighed because I wasted so much time trying to download all my beat maps I thought were gone. I went through the song and noticed some weren’t playing music so I removed them to the recycle ben. After that, I exited out osu so I could pin it to my task bar. When I did that I opened osu again immediately but when I did that a whole different new osu with all the starting beat maps appeared. I was so confused. I had 2 different osu’s. But please notice that they had the startup beat maps with none of the beat maps I had downloaded earlier, which was like 40 beat maps or so. I searched around the osu folder again and found the osu I started with when I first re-downloaded osu. So now I have 3 osu’s on my computer. When I went to download a beat map, the beat map would open into the one with 40 beat maps and no skins, not with the one I had before my hard drive was taken out of my computer, which had like 4 skins and 2000 beat maps. So I removed all the osu beat maps, all the skins, everything in the osu folder, I delete osu installer, and all 3 osu’s. I deleted everything permantly and uninstalled osu. Then I reinstalled osu installer and installed osu, went to download a beat map because I had to start all over again then opened it. BUT it wouldn’t open. The beat map wouldn’t load into osu, none of the beat maps would AND I could find the osu folder! I had NO osu folder… Shouldn’t the osu folder return when I reinstall osu? I can’t have 3 osu’s! I only need 1! Please help I want to play again.

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)