forum

My eyes get so dry while playing osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
voltroom
I did not have this problem for a while since I started playing March of 2016. However, these days, when I am playing osu! my eyes hurt so much because they're so dry.
I try to blink a lot while playing the game because of that and I have problem jumping in fast maps and I miss one or two notes and I fail to FC...

Anyone have this kind of problem? How should I try to fix this?
I went to pharmacy and bought some eye lubricant drops but those are temporary as well (only good for like 30 minutes)

Any kind of help would be appreciated... :(
Deva
Go to a doctor
Zedek117
Do you play in the dark? The light from your monitor might be straining your eyes.

I would consider playing less, taking frequent breaks, or even investing in those special sunglasses that make the light from monitors strain your eyes less. Alternatively you could be having an actual issue develop so you might want to go see a doctor or optometrist.
7ambda
Edgar_Figaro
eye drops?
Celine
Take a break
kai99
dude for me it's the fan
after like, the two minutes mark i start fucking crying
by the end of the song im crying and like trying to finish playing lmao

idk otherwise it could be an eye problem really, visit the doc
raszka
Well it's a really common thing so atleast I can suggest you to drink lots, lots of water. Also you should have your back straight and not get too close to the monitor; you could increase your monitor dim and decrease the brightness. Also you can blink when you hit sliders, during quick breaks.. if it's a serious issue I'd suggest you to play short songs with easy-to-follow rhythm. Another suggestion is, every 20 minutes you play games get out of your room and look at your garden, window, take a look at distant things for more than 30 seconds and get a bit used to natural light or just get some fresh air to feel better.
Buster
Buy clear eye's eye drops
N0thingSpecial
Use your filthy sweaty weeb arm to wipe your eyes as you play that weeb song compilation map
dung eater
using eye drops without knowing any better is a good way to make your eyes get more dry
Fxjlk
Yawn to get tears and then blink a lot to distribute them in your eyes.

Also take a break every 30 min to keep your eyes closed for 5 minutes or so.
johnmedina999
Blink.
dung eater

johnmedina999 wrote:

Blink.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLOlGkipXyU
Topic Starter
voltroom
Thanks all for trying to suggest some helps. I just decided to put eye lubricants whenever this happens and then take a rest for about 5min and then replay. It kinda helped and I was wondering if I had any problem with my eyes and the doctor said i don't hve a significant problem on my eyes so it's a mental issue I guess. Anyway, thanks for helping me out!
MDMA
I have the same problem!
zoklev
remove eyes
VinZentVanDough
lock thx.
N3X7 L3VEL

J_8579 wrote:

https://justgetflux.com

Your answer literally changed my life. Below an Osu! post...

Who could've expected it?
7ambda
😎
Anyltt

raszka wrote:

Well it's a really common thing so atleast I can suggest you to drink lots, lots of water. Also you should have your back straight and not get too close to the monitor; you could increase your monitor dim and decrease the brightness. Also you can blink when you hit sliders, during quick breaks.. if it's a serious issue I'd suggest you to play short songs with easy-to-follow rhythm. Another suggestion is, every 20 minutes you play games get out of your room and look at your garden, window, take a look at distant things for more than 30 seconds and get a bit used to natural light or just get some fresh air to feel better.
this really helped a lot <3
Chapp_
Maybe Vitamin A deficiency and dehydrated or blink 3 or 2 every minute when playing or how much you want i have these right now but I just ate carrots and drink water my eye went dry to healthy I can even follow fast jump maps with my eyes but not my acc lol