forum

[Archived] Running osu! as Non-Steam game + restoring beatmaps.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DannyIsReborn
Problem Details:

1) Running osu! as a Non-Steam game

I would like to run osu! as a Non-Steam game (mainly so I can use the Steam overlay) however upon launching through the Steam shortcut, the game launches then sits at the menu for about 2 seconds and then the games crashes. I receive the error message 'osu! has stopped working.' followed by the two options, look for a solution online or close the program.

Details from that window as didn't know how to screenshot:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: osu!.exe
Application Version: 1.3.3.7
Application Timestamp: 597f0fad
Fault Module Name: ig4icd32.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 50b4034e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 002302b7
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 5861
Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Additional Information 3: 5f25
Additional Information 4: 5f2531ae070278f893fa99352dadd49e

I have tried to run osu! in fallback release and that does work however I'd much prefer to run it in the latest build if that is possible. I have also tried running the game with the Steam overlay disabled and that works (with the current build) however that is the main reason for me wanting to run the game through Steam. Any help to run as a Non-Steam game with the Steam overlay enabled and osu! running on the latest version?

I know it's possible in someway as have a friend running osu! like that, we just can't find out why I'm having this issue and he's not.

2) Restoring beatmaps

In an attempt to fix the issue above, I uninstalled and reinstalled osu! Before doing this, I created a backup of all my beatmaps and after reinstalling attempted to move them back into my Songs folder within my osu! folder. They all moved back successfully however osu! only recognises about 10 of the 2000 that I placed back. I tried opening them with osu!.exe but that didn't work, all the files are set to .osu whilst they should be set to .osz, right? Tried renaming one of the .osu files to .osz and it was showing the right icon for the file but when trying to launch the file osu! just said that the file was incorrect or corrupt and moved it to the Failed folder.

Is there anyway I can restore these maps? I would strongly dislike to have to re-download all those songs I lost again.

Thanks for any help,
Danny

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)

P.S. Hey, first time posting a forum message. :3
Dntm8kmeeatu
I can't make a comment on the crashing part, not enough information on that...

But as for the maps not showing up, please hit F5 ingame in song-select to refresh the Database. This should scan through and re-import all those maps.