forum

No compatible audio device detected in linux

posted
Total Posts
show more
power007

Roga-don wrote:

power007 wrote:

uninstall your linux and install windows and play osu! simpliest solution ever..
Fine then, give that guy enough money to buy the Windows license. That's not being nice and smart, that kind of advice.

daniel6790 -> Are you using ALSA, Jack or PulseAudio ? That might be a first step into understanding your bug.
Nowadays buying licence for Windows not such an expensive thing. I am a student of the university, and I received a Windows 8 license for free.

Even if he fixes the problem about auido device, osu! still works like crap on Linux.
Avail_old_1

Roga-don wrote:

daniel6790 -> Are you using ALSA, Jack or PulseAudio ? That might be a first step into understanding your bug.
I've been having the same issue, using ALSA with Manjaro Linux.

power007 wrote:

uninstall your linux and install windows and play osu! simpliest solution ever..
He didn't ask for a new OS. He asked for a solution with his current one.
rmDuha
Have you installed the 32bit Audio libraries? Does wine give you any error messages?
Espionage724

power007 wrote:

Even if he fixes the problem about auido device, osu! still works like crap on Linux.
If you don't properly configure stuff or tweak things to your hardware, sure. But know that osu! would also run like garbage on Windows too if you muck up a couple of settings 8-)

daniel6790 wrote:

Hello there are some big trouble to play osu!
I install wine and net framework 2.0 and just run osume.exe to setup and get into screen
but when I press start it says No compatible audio device detected. You must plug a valid audio device in order to play osu!
I have no idea what happens going on

Can anyone help me???
What distro are you using, and what computer (OEM/model)?
Gumpy
I honestly don't see the appeal of linux/ubuntu. And right now getting a windoes 8 license is like 40-50$ atleast last time i checked.
Avail_old_1

Gumpyyy wrote:

I honestly don't see the appeal of linux/ubuntu. And right now getting a windoes 8 license is like 40-50$ atleast last time i checked.
Too bad ubuntu is the worst and most bloated linux distro.

A windows license? Here, have the source code to linux!
power007

Espionage724 wrote:

power007 wrote:

If you don't properly configure stuff or tweak things to your hardware, sure. But know that osu! would also run like garbage on Windows too if you muck up a couple of settings 8-)
osu! runs just fine on any windows OS, on linux it's works like 3 times worse. I just do not see any advantages of Linux versus Windows when it comes to the regular user. Software looks like crap, working like crap everytime crashing,to make games run on linux you should waste 3 hours to configure wine and even then performance worse than Windows.

So anyone can explain me what advantage linux versus windows to normal user? (not for server or anything like that)
Agka
as expected, yet another thread that mentions linux gets completely derailed with "wow just use windows"
patart

power007 wrote:

So anyone can explain me what advantage linux versus windows to normal user? (not for server or anything like that)
Maybe Linux is better because it:
1) is free
2) has fully configurable interface
3) is easier to use
4) is simple to develop apps for it
5) looks amazing
6) can work from USB-drive without installation
7) hasn't any unnecessary services.

I'm just wandering, MAYBE...
power007

patart wrote:

power007 wrote:

Maybe Linux is better because it:
1) is free
2) has fully configurable interface
3) is easier to use
4) is simple to develop apps for it
5) looks amazing
6) can work from USB-drive without installation
7) hasn't any unnecessary services.

I'm just wandering, MAYBE...
1) yeah free
2) not all distros have this
3) no, its much harder then windows normal user will be shocked by all this configs and terminal commands...
4) maybe, didn't tried
5) looks amazing? a u kidding me? all linux distro looks like crap except one "Elementary OS"
6) yeah..
7) really? open task manager on ubuntu and check how much there is unnecessary services and shit like python... Why do I need Python?
ErunamoJAZZ
> terminal is easy && python rules

btw, the thread owner has not responded anything ...
Avail_old_1

power007 wrote:

1) yeah free
3) no, its much harder then windows normal user will be shocked by all this configs and terminal commands...
4) maybe, didn't tried
5) looks amazing? a u kidding me? all linux distro looks like crap except one "Elementary OS"
6) yeah..
7) really? open task manager on ubuntu and check how much there is unnecessary services and shit like python... Why do I need Python?
2) Yes, they do. All you need is a brain.
3) I'm assuming by 'normal user' you mean a 12 year old? There's documentation on everything, if you're unable to set stuff up properly you are missing a brain.
5) Linux looks way better than Windows, if you know how to configure it properly.
7) Python? Mainly cause a lot of stuff that runs on Ubuntu requires python. Besides, Ubuntu is a bloated piece of shit, you should try something arch-based.
power007

Avail wrote:

power007 wrote:

1) yeah free
4) maybe, didn't tried
6) yeah..
2) Yes, they do. All you need is a brain.
3) I'm assuming by 'normal user' you mean a 12 year old? There's documentation on everything, if you're unable to set stuff up properly you are missing a brain.
5) Linux looks way better than Windows, if you know how to configure it properly.
7) Python? Mainly cause a lot of stuff that runs on Ubuntu requires python. Besides, Ubuntu is a bloated piece of shit, you should try something arch-based.
dont mind, I tried arch-linux and this is best distro for customizing it, but there is still alot of crap but I think we have moved away from the topic of osu!

P.S yesterday I installed linux, wine, osu! and guess what? still unplayable. I have 1300 fps on windows and 500 on linux and even with 500 fps osu! laggs like shit + there is some audio delay (I'm hitting only 100's). I can't configure my super fast mouse (sensetive on minimum) so beside unplayable perfomance I can't actually play on mouse + no support for 480 wacom. Go use perfcet Windows.
Avail_old_1
My intuos-m works fine, when configured.
I have my Razer deathadder's sensitivity set to 900 and mouse acceleration completely removed. Once again, it works completely fine when configured.
I get better frames on Linux than on windows, and, for audio delay, remove pulseaudio.

Edit: s/properly/completely
power007

Avail wrote:

I get better frames on Linux than on windows.
impossibru. need to try removing pulseaudio, how to do that?
VSLE
A mi me paso lo mismop pero en w8.1 pro 64bit usa la no con linux, me funciono es cambiar la compativilidad en propiedades pero no se si es que osu no es compatible con linux talvez por eso te dice que cambies de SO nose :)
Howl

VSLE wrote:

A mi me paso lo mismop pero en w8.1 pro 64bit usa la no con linux, me funciono es cambiar la compativilidad en propiedades pero no se si es que osu no es compatible con linux talvez por eso te dice que cambies de SO nose :)
Tienes qué escribir in inglés en los forums de osu!. Si quieres poner una pregunta/hablar en Espanol, existe el forum Espanol, aunque aquì tienes que hablar inglés. Y por favor, no escriba en un topic que no tiene respuestas hasta 10 meses.

(just telling the user to speak english rather than spanish and not to bump long-time dead threads. you can ignore this post)
Cyber-X
i have some problem, i'm using Arch Linux amd64 :|
amepebbles

Cyber-X wrote:

Same here, but I think its not proper to bump a dead thread.
Also, is there any solution for this? I'm using Arch Linux with PulseAudio, osu! works well, except for the sound device not detected.

Edit: Nevermind, solved this installing lib32-alsa-plugins lib32-libpulse lib32-openal packages.
killerwolf741
I have trhis same problem in windows 10 can some one help.
Cyber-X

Glenstid wrote:

Cyber-X wrote:

Same here, but I think its not proper to bump a dead thread.
Also, is there any solution for this? I'm using Arch Linux with PulseAudio, osu! works well, except for the sound device not detected.

Edit: Nevermind, solved this installing lib32-alsa-plugins lib32-libpulse lib32-openal packages.
it worked, thanks :)