forum

Change slider border colour when SV changes

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +19
Topic Starter
Xinnoh
When the Slider Velocity changes, it's often hard to read and requires the mapper to some effort to make it readable. They often NC or change slider shape to help indicate the change.

The idea is when the SV changes, the slider border colour would brighten/darken/change colour/something. This can be optionally turned on/off like combo colours, as some people may not like it, or it could break some maps. The SV glow would only appear on the first slider that changes speed, it reflects how much change there is relative to the previous slider.

For example:
Increase SV = green glow
Decrease SV = red glow
Colour intensity = How much change

some stuff
+ Makes it clearer to read SV changes
+ SV changes between different sections are clear
+ Mappers can do more with an extra feature while keeping readability

- Discredits older plays, would make it easier to read an SV heavy set compared to the past
- Players that don't like it would have a disadvantage compared to people that enable it

Would you guys like to see this kind of thing implemented?
_Meep_
supp0rt
Kondou-Shinichi
perhaps make this into a skinning element
abraker
Like my suggestion for variable SV indicators: p/5627061
Topic Starter
Xinnoh
ok, was pretty sure something like it was probably suggested, just couldn't find it

there needs to be a better way to catalogue ideas tbh
mouzHero
This needs to be implemented as mappers are changing SV more often for variation in gameplay.
Topic Starter
Xinnoh
alternately doesn't have to since support died out pretty quickly
-Slasher
i TOTALLY support this, breaking combo at sightread runs because of super slow sliders or something is annoying as hell.
Should i give my stars here or there p/5627061?