Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shiwahime
[Super Shock]_old
Play more
Topic Starter
Shiwahime
45Traeath
Dashing shouldn't prevent you from improving. Maybe it's about timing issues, between what you see (the falling beats) and what you hear (the song's beat)?
When I'm screwing things up, it's mostly because of that: I either dash too soon or late, but that's due to some stress over time, which has me lose focus on the two things I said.
Zak
You have less than 1,000 plays so obviously playing more will just help you keep adjusting more, but try to focus on dashing as little as possible to catch everything, holding dash will make it too hard to control your catcher so learning to only keep it held as much as required will help.
Topic Starter
Shiwahime
Topic Starter
Shiwahime
Liyac

-Tsumaki- wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJWM-L9VpO4

If you need to see some of my replays for when i press the keys and such here you are
You're reacting too quickly and neglecting certain notes when dashing at times (ex: 4:06, 5:23)
What zak said was right on how you need to try catching all the notes with little dashing as possible

Maybe you need a bit more practice getting used to slower ar
Salads are a start to determine the distancing of when to dash, but maybe pick up converts when you have the chance for practice of irregular distancing
Topic Starter
Shiwahime
Liyac

-Tsumaki- wrote:

So i shouldnt use the dash button? or is it just a distance issue my brain isnt understanding? Are there any training maps on distance for ctb? ;-; And yeah, I've tried some 2 star converts. Also it's not that im neglecting notes, I just get confused when i use the dash button. Like I said, dashing is my problem ;-;
yeah its more distancing and timing dashes that seems to be your problem, dont know if there are any maps that focus solely on practicing dashing unfortunately. maybe you can gradually play harder maps with more dashes
Topic Starter
Shiwahime

Californian wrote:

-Tsumaki- wrote:

So i shouldnt use the dash button? or is it just a distance issue my brain isnt understanding? Are there any training maps on distance for ctb? ;-; And yeah, I've tried some 2 star converts. Also it's not that im neglecting notes, I just get confused when i use the dash button. Like I said, dashing is my problem ;-;
yeah its more distancing and timing dashes that seems to be your problem, dont know if there are any maps that focus solely on practicing dashing unfortunately. maybe you can gradually play harder maps with more dashes
Ah okay... maybe i just suck at this game too.. like every other game ive tried in my 17 years of living.. lol :/
Dilectus

-Tsumaki- wrote:

Ah okay... maybe i just suck at this game too.. like every other game ive tried in my 17 years of living.. lol :/
Play Count: 597
Play Time: 9 hours
I think I found your problem. You just haven't played CtB that long to get used to dashing. If you just keep playing to improve it's gonna come to you naturally (at least it has for me). Dashing was really hard for me in the beginning too. That's why I always warm up with older maps that has weird dash patterns because they help me with dashing in general.

Wish you the greatest and may the PP gods be with you.
Topic Starter
Shiwahime
PakaChan

-Tsumaki- wrote:

Alright I will try playing more. And Idk, for dashing, it's just awkward for me, like it feels like tapping the dash button goes nowhere close with the rhythm/beat of the song ;-; Maybe I'm just very stupid but who knows
well catch isn't a rhythm game so you'll probably not feel anything from the dash button
Sume_old_1
Playing with circles and not squares

Having only played for 3 weeks myself i had the same issue for a while. It's just a matter of playing more. As you play more you get a better feel for the platter size, dash ratios and etc.