forum

[Archived] Issues with OS X/Mac Release/Build

posted
Total Posts
show more
clover

AzureRiven wrote:

-At around 6700 beat maps, the game bugs out and gets stuck in processing. (Seems to be due to Sierra, it wasn't there before)
I only had the starting beatmaps when dragging them in however. (which is approx. 26)

Edit - also define a while, it doesn't seem to work for me
Jeni-Desu
It is seemed that many of you still uses the old 2015 release ver..
So im able to get osu! stable latest to work without massive input lag, i already say this on another thread so im just gonna quote it here

Jeni-Desu wrote:

It is seemed that im able to get osu stable latest to work using the wine from http://osuosx.tumblr.com/post/143156889670/alpha-release-2016-04-21 with smooth frame rates and able to fullscreen

i dont really know why it worked, but all i did was updated the engine to WS9Wine2.6 and use wintricks to run :
- d3dx9
- d3dx9_43
- dotnet40 (updated from dotnet20)

and thats about it, it also helped me to get smoother fps by checking the Reduce dropped frames
you guys can try it out if you want

If someone can actually tell me why it worked pls tell me

Btw, to update from dotnet20 to dotnet40, you need to execute the dotnet30 first

Good luck :p

EDIT: It is also worth mentioning to NOT change beatmaps too fast or it'll crash
clover

Jeni-Desu wrote:

It is seemed that many of you still uses the old 2015 release ver..
So im able to get osu! stable latest to work without massive input lag, i already say this on another thread so im just gonna quote it here

Jeni-Desu wrote:

It is seemed that im able to get osu stable latest to work using the wine from http://osuosx.tumblr.com/post/143156889670/alpha-release-2016-04-21 with smooth frame rates and able to fullscreen

i dont really know why it worked, but all i did was updated the engine to WS9Wine2.6 and use wintricks to run :
- d3dx9
- d3dx9_43
- dotnet40 (updated from dotnet20)

and thats about it, it also helped me to get smoother fps by checking the Reduce dropped frames
you guys can try it out if you want

If someone can actually tell me why it worked pls tell me

Btw, to update from dotnet20 to dotnet40, you need to execute the dotnet30 first

Good luck :p

EDIT: It is also worth mentioning to NOT change beatmaps too fast or it'll crash
Do you mean winetricks? Because in that case how would you go about executing the commands? I couldn't find much on google.
Jeni-Desu

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

Do you mean winetricks? Because in that case how would you go about executing the commands? I couldn't find much on google.
Yes winetricks, how i did it:
Right Click osu! > Show Package Content > Wineskin > Advanced (It also worth adding "-nosplash" in the EXE Flags) > Tools > In the Utilities Section, select Winetricks

Search for these in the dlls
- d3dx9
- d3dx9_43
- dotnet40 (updated from dotnet20) [Btw, to update from dotnet20 to dotnet40, you need to execute the dotnet30 first]

Try it out

Good luck
clover

Jeni-Desu wrote:

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

Yes winetricks, how i did it:
Right Click osu! > Show Package Content > Wineskin > Advanced (It also worth adding "-nosplash" in the EXE Flags) > Tools > In the Utilities Section, select Winetricks

Search for these in the dlls
- d3dx9
- d3dx9_43
- dotnet40 (updated from dotnet20) [Btw, to update from dotnet20 to dotnet40, you need to execute the dotnet30 first]

Try it out

Good luck
For some reason when opening Wineskin, it just constantly says "Wineskin is currently busy, please wait" and it will get stuck there forever. Am I doing something wrong here? Sorry for bothering you.

edit: I managed to search for the commands, run them, and all that jazz. However, a blank console in XQuartz still appears after that. Am I doing something wrong here?
Jeni-Desu

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

edit: I managed to search for the commands, run them, and all that jazz. However, a blank console in XQuartz still appears after that. Am I doing something wrong here?
Thats strange, that happend to me to..
I try to download a fresh osu from osx.ppy.sh and trying to replicated what i did before, but it didnt worked.

Whats even strange is that my original copy of osu (the one that i was able to play osu latest with no input lag) stopped working aswell, the same problem like the one i tried to replicated :s

sorry for my misleading information, ill try and figure out what am i missing at
clover
Huh. That's interesting. Not your fault though.
Jeni-Desu
Thanks to <strong>SosPisos</strong> for finding this simple fix

Using the osu stable 2016 version, to do it all you have to do is updating the engine "Change Engine Used" (WS9Wine 2.6 Worked Fine) ( then tick "Use Mac Driver" and "Use Direct3D Boost", in the Set Screen Options

Right Click osu!>Show Package Contents>Wineskin>Advanced>Tools>Change Engine Used>Set Screen Options
rethinking

Jeni-Desu wrote:

Thanks to <strong>SosPisos</strong> for finding this simple fix

Using the osu stable 2016 version, to do it all you have to do is updating the engine "Change Engine Used" (WS9Wine 2.6 Worked Fine) ( then tick "Use Mac Driver" and "Use Direct3D Boost", in the Set Screen Options

Right Click osu!>Show Package Contents>Wineskin>Advanced>Tools>Change Engine Used>Set Screen Options
I dont know where i came from. ive tried all the steps ^. the osu updater works but ive been stuck on the osu logo.
amax
p/6125107#p6125107

saw someone with problems on os x version of osu, thought it might be an issue
Jeni-Desu
I've made a video showing how to play stable latest if anyone is intrested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lT8om-2kfE
clover
It won't let me even update to WS9Wine2.6. It just stays on version WS9Wine1.9.5. Will I need El Capitan to do it? Because I'm currently on Sierra.
Jeni-Desu

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

It won't let me even update to WS9Wine2.6. It just stays on version WS9Wine1.9.5. Will I need El Capitan to do it? Because I'm currently on Sierra.
Im not so sure myself honestly :(
Do you have XQuartz installed, or Wineskin Winery?

If the engine cannot be changed, try skipping the step
Will it still work?
clover

Jeni-Desu wrote:

Im not so sure myself honestly :(
Do you have XQuartz installed, or Wineskin Winery?

If the engine cannot be changed, try skipping the step
Will it still work?
I have XQuartz and Wineskin Winery installed.
When skipping the step of updating it, it doesn't work.

i'm at a loss so i might just try downgrading to el capitan later.
Jeni-Desu

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

I have XQuartz and Wineskin Winery installed.
When skipping the step of updating it, it doesn't work.

i'm at a loss so i might just try downgrading to el capitan later.
Sorry to hear that :( Sierra kinda sucks anyway, No SmoothMouse support and bad Wine support

Good luck
rethinking
I can change the engine and everything but after the update thing. it stops working.
Jeni-Desu

IntelClient wrote:

I can change the engine and everything but after the update thing. it stops working.

What is your OS? and what are your specs?
rethinking

Jeni-Desu wrote:

IntelClient wrote:

What is your OS? and what are your specs?
OSX sierra. Specs: https://gyazo.com/c337a453ed20ab7010a6dab182131372
osu worked on this before but it just stopped working awhile ago
Jeni-Desu

IntelClient wrote:

How are you able to play osu in Sierra in the first place?
And which ver you were able to play?
rethinking

Jeni-Desu wrote:

IntelClient wrote:

How are you able to play osu in Sierra in the first place?
And which ver you were able to play?
sorry for the late reply. I dont know which version i just downloaded either the stable or alpha one. i just installed it and boom. it fired up no problems.
Alestea
Hi! I posted on the forums earlier, but didn't realize there was one specifically for OSX.

Well here goes;
My problem - I tried to install osu!, and install the contents of osu!, there's a wineskin I was supposed to install.
(I tried installing 2.6) But the engine remains at 1.9.5.

Any suggestions?
Jeni-Desu

IntelClient wrote:

sorry for the late reply. I dont know which version i just downloaded either the stable or alpha one. i just installed it and boom. it fired up no problems.

Good to hear its working out for ya!

Alestea wrote:

(I tried installing 2.6) But the engine remains at 1.9.5.
Any suggestions?

Maybe trying to use the newer engine like 2.10? Theoretically it should run better than the stable 2.6
rethinking
it just broke again. i have no idea what is happening....
rethinking
AFTER LIKE 4 HOURS i downgraded to el capitan (impossible af) GOT OSU WORKING finally. i just cant handle playing in full screen
rethinking
and i fixed the fullscreen by t/114600
clover
***IF YOU ARE ON SIERRA, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNGRADE TO EL CAPITAN ANYMORE.**

On osu version 20151017, download it, boot it up, and run the updater.

Now when dragging in beatmaps, drag it into the osu! window instead of the logo, unless the window was the target for dragging in beatmaps on versions other than 20141010.

I can make a video if needed, although I don't think it's necessary.
rethinking
im not sure if this is the correct area to talk about it. when i launch osu! it like has glitch textures. like spazzing. i close it and open anyother game (minecraft) it like has the same thing.
Jeni-Desu

IntelClient wrote:

im not sure if this is the correct area to talk about it. when i launch osu! it like has glitch textures. like spazzing. i close it and open anyother game (minecraft) it like has the same thing.

That also happened to me sometimes, dont know what triggers it tho
For me restarting osu! worked fine
Jeni-Desu

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

***IF YOU ARE ON SIERRA, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNGRADE TO EL CAPITAN ANYMORE.**
Can you play Stable Latest tho?
clover
you can't, so just ignore my advice

i mean it still works but
Jeni-Desu

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

you can't, so just ignore my advice

i mean it still works but
Good enough :P
TimeRail
how do I make beatmaps with the OS X release
TimeRail
im playing on sierra l0l
Xinnoh
It's almost identical to PC version

If you are in fullscreen, decrease your screen resolution. From the main menu, click edit then drag the song you want from the desktop on to the game. Click on the beatmap when it loads in game and do the same stuff as PC.
After you added the song, change your resolution back if you lowered it.

You should note that there may be a few options along the top that are black, you just can't see them. There are important functions in there, such as uploading, creating a new diff, that kind of stuff.

Jeni-Desu
Editing also works fine in Windowed
Lumenite-
i'm heated because idk about you guys but i can't submit anything anymore it just gets stuck at "creating package" literally no matter what i do
6ixr
So I recently downloaded the new client for osu which needed X11 or xquartz or whatever its called, but now I get 14-20ms lag when in the previous client I didnt have this issue, is there anyway to fix this. the old client I had didnt have any issues.
Jeni-Desu

GoodByeForever wrote:

So I recently downloaded the new client for osu which needed X11 or xquartz or whatever its called, but now I get 14-20ms lag when in the previous client I didnt have this issue, is there anyway to fix this. the old client I had didnt have any issues.
Right Click osu! > Show Package Contents > Wineskin > Set Screen Options > Tick all of em

If the input lag still there, try updating the engine

Tutorial :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lT8om-2kfE
6ixr
https://puu.sh/xtJt6/a56922b81b.png

so now it wont even open :(
Jeni-Desu

GoodByeForever wrote:

https://puu.sh/xtJt6/a56922b81b.png

so now it wont even open :(
I also hate when that happens, the only thing im able to do if that happens is to use a fresh copy and export the files there :(
show more