forum

Fire Emblem Community and the Games

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YttriumNecro
Discuss about the current community (that includes elitists and 3DS Players), and the games.
Disillusionz
Fire Emblem Elitists? Lol what?

I knew of the series for a while but Heroes got me into it. I played FE7 and really liked it, and I got Fates: Conquest and I plan on getting Shadows of Valentia. Truly an underrated game series IMO.
Bestelle
Not a big fan of the community as a whole, so eh. Favorite game is probably 7, so far really enjoying Echoes. Conquest has some of the best chapters (non-story wise) in the series, pretty enjoyable. Such a shame that they're on Fates.

Slightly excited for whatever they're going to do with the game that's releasing on the Switch (not warriors).
Jindujun93
To be honest, Awakening and Fates kind of killed my interest in the series, though since the Gaiden remake removes most of what bothered me in those two games, I might give it a chance regardless. Even before then, I never really considered Fire Emblem as *that* good with the exception of FE4, which the majority on here probably never played considering that it was never officially released in the West. The ones I played so far are 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13 and 14 for that matter - so I'm missing the Ike games, Thracia 776 and Gaiden (I'm not counting 1 and 3 since 11 and 12 are their remakes). 6 was kind of bland, 7 was okay-ish, 8 too easy, 11 and 12 were okay-ish again but all the characters were even flatter than usual (character writing has never really been FE's strength), and then it turned into Waifu Emblem with 13, which just... isn't my cup at all, to be honest. And let's not get into stuff like the thoroughly overpowered player units in 13, the time traveling that barely makes any sense, the presence of characters like Nowi and Tharja, and the list goes on. Can I really be blamed for losing my faith?

It doesn't help that Intelligent Systems is milking the franchise a bit too much - I probably wouldn't mind if they'd at least release a new game of their much better other strategy franchise, Advance Wars - but that one was apparently killed off in favor of FE, which just pisses me off even more.
Hopeofdespair
Good games + bad community = Chaos